This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bertie Boo

BICs and NVQ assessor roles
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:42:13 pm »
Hi

Anyone know where i can find out more with regards to training to be an assessor in either or both the BICs and NVQ cleaning courses?

I have a close friend who is an NVQ assessor in cleaning but he got the job without having done the courses as the college he works for was struggling to get anyone at all. As such he was trained in both BICs and NVQ assessing by the college (they paid for and arranged it all as part of the 'package') but he is in a small town which may explain why they had trouble filling the post, plus its been a few years since he started the job...i'm in birmingham and all the vacancies i have seen for assessors in the midlands seem to require a minimum of the A1 NVQ assessors qual.

As i am currently self-employed (in cleaning, and plan to be for a while yet) i need to consider doing any training now whilst i dont have to worry about taking time off work etc to go to college. I have trained to BICs stage one, also NVQ level 1 (am about to hand in my NVQ level 2 and book a practical assesment), plus have over 3 years experience running my own cleaning service and much sporadic cleaning experience before that.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Stephen