This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Another half day!!!!
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »
This weather has caused me to finish early once again  >:(
Now i dont mind working in light rain but lately it has been heavy rain and prolonged its getting so fustrating
Why are we having such prolonged bad weather can anyone explain???

Ahh well just downloaded the forms for emmigrating to Canada something to look forward to :D 8)

Pat Purcell

Re: Another half day!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 01:36:23 pm »
Best of luck working in the rain in Canada ;D
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:39:49 pm »
Get 6 months of the year off ;D
my wifes cousins says it is always warm there do you think they are pulling my leg ;D
anyway i will just wear a pair of gloves that should keep me warm at -40::)

xxmattyxx

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 02:33:09 pm »
This weather has caused me to finish early once again  >:(
Now i dont mind working in light rain but lately it has been heavy rain and prolonged its getting so fustrating
Why are we having such prolonged bad weather can anyone explain???

Ahh well just downloaded the forms for emmigrating to Canada something to look forward to :D 8)

I can indeed.

Its basically due to the fact that the Jet-Stream (not gulf-Stream) is located aproximately 500 miles further south than it normally is for this time of year. This is a band of very fast moving air about 30,000 feet above ground level, that moves from West to East (so from the Atlantic to normally over Scotland or even further north to parts of Scandinavia) bringing low pressure weather systems with it. Its been located in this current position for as long as the wet weather has been around and we all know thats been for something like 6 weeks.

It is this stream of moving air that explains why passenger planes cross the Atlantic in quicker time from America to us than they do when going in the opposite direction. They basically hitch a ride.

Why is the Gulf-Stream so far south. No-one is entirely sure, theres ahuge area of high pressure currently sat over Greenland and its been there for as long as the Jet-Stream has been where it currently is, maybe its this that has forced the change in position or is the high pressur where it is as the Gulf-Stream has forced that there (chicken and egg situation!!).

Also the Azores high which sits generally over the Azores  ;D usually brings warm and sultry air to our shores at thsi time of year, remember last years summer? well, thats been out of the question this year due to the Gulf-streams over-riding influence on the weather systems that affect us; thus pushing the Azores high further south and away from us.

The Gulf-Stream usually separates high pressure warm weather in the south from low pressure damp, wet, miserable weather.
Guess which isde we're on!!

Will it last?

I was fecked off enough with  a whole month of it through June, and heres the crappy bit, no-one sees any long range weather forecasts suggesting the Gulf-Stream is on the move, at least another 3 weeks is whats been talked of.

Matt

Just fully read your post  ;D  ;D the Gulf-Stream originates from Canada!!! even worse there  ;D  ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:40:34 pm »
Couldn't have put it better myself ;)

I learned about the jet stream/gulf stream effect from that Francis wilson guy many years ago when he did the Breakfast Show weather in the early years...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

xxmattyxx

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 02:48:36 pm »

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »
Thanks for explaining that  :)
Doesn't make it any easier though does it

xxmattyxx

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 02:55:52 pm »
Nope, sorry.

To be honest once I found out that the weather was influenced by such a huge phenomenon I decided I HAD to go to work.

Might be different if it was just the odd day or two, but its no good sitting around waiting for this thing to pass.

KarlJones

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 04:20:07 pm »
its actually avoiding us on purpose and taking a long route LOL!

ah just think of all them dirty windows and the lack of new guys due to the rain ;)

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 04:39:36 pm »
its actually avoiding us on purpose and taking a long route LOL!

ah just think of all them dirty windows and the lack of new guys due to the rain ;)

No its not, thats the whole point. The whole point is that the grey area is the Jet-Stream, but as I said earlier, its the weather systems to the north of it that are the wet, damp, miserable, and below its warm and dry. Low pressure weather systems (wet, windy ones) tend to 'fall' off the leading northerly edge, thats the bit at the end of the Jet-Stream, to the right-hand side, otherwise known as the UK.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 08:16:03 pm »
Interesting xxmattyxx, and well explained, like Ian I was just about to explain it too( ;D).

We have to be like mounties then and go out and get our windows.

KarlJones

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 10:06:08 pm »
hey the pictures changed, earlier when I looked the steam was coming up from the Gulf, across the Atlantic directly for England and then looping round instead of smashing against Cork and Cornwall like it usually does.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

tacky

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:21 pm »
with the ice caps melting .u could train polar bears .to help u .  n if its raining in morning .i ll beat u their . tacky wales

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 11:28:09 pm »
Just get yourself some decent waterproof!!

xxmattyxx

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 07:59:56 am »
hey the pictures changed, earlier when I looked the steam was coming up from the Gulf, across the Atlantic directly for England and then looping round instead of smashing against Cork and Cornwall like it usually does.

;D ;D ;D

steve m

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 09:53:03 am »
well thats one more door painted and dry

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 01:50:14 pm »
Another half day today but this time its by choice i'm finished

alex graham

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 01:56:07 pm »
dear xxmattyxx,

It appears to me you really do need to get out more my friend !

rugby

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 03:05:02 pm »
half day for me again,started ping down about 1230,and hasnt stopped since,gulf stream-jet stream  :P

xxmattyxx

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 03:43:06 pm »
dear xxmattyxx,

It appears to me you really do need to get out more my friend !

;D  ;D

Theres some irony in that, the weathers not helping !  ;D  ;D