This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: Why pay a £1000 for a trolley.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:34 pm »
Wrekin,

If you have a Transit then you have no space issue which is why most of us started with a trolley.

If it is a question of money then a 500 litre tank in the van with a 100psi pump and 100meters of microbore will do anything you want it to and only cost about £350. Then simply add a backpack for anything you think you will have access problems with for about £160 and you are sorted.

Total cost about £550 plus any poles and water purification you need.

Top advice!

I still prefer just my backpack and working out of a car though. 

Don't get me wrong, if I worked by myself I'd do as Alex suggests, but I work mostly with my Other Half and she trads the ground floors as I WFP the first floors. 

When I'm really ahead of her, I drop my WFP and trad back towards her.  It works for us and I don't have the expense of running two vehicles either.

gary999

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2007, 02:30:55 pm »
got my freedom trolley second hand, two poles with it lots of containers, several
brush heads and lots of trad gear £600 the lot.

have been working out of car with for past month has been good as gold
trolley not what i would consider heavy and lifting 25 ltr containers is hardly a killer.

like others have said it is extremely versatile am now converting to van only
as i cannot carry the water in car i now need for work.

but i only need to buy a tank and hey! sorted

detec52

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 06:10:22 pm »
I do all commercial work purchased my troll @ £1150.00 added a few bits and bobs had it over a year now and would not change it for anything, its the bizz why go van mount when this bit of kit will do the same? also any out of the way windows no problem just wheel it out and away you go.
RAH Cleaning Contractors

pjulk

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 07:27:45 pm »
I started with a trolley then got a van mount.
But i still use my trolley on the odd job where i may be parked quite a way from the job.

If i started again i would still buy a trolley first as without my trolley some of my work would be awkward.

All window cleaning rounds are differant and they can all be done with a van system but might need either a trolley or backpack for the odd few.
You just need to look at your round and see if any of it will be awkward.

For me i would never use a backpack due to back problems

Paul

dai

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 07:33:18 pm »
I built my own trolley system, It can carry up to 50 litres. The hose reel is mounted on it, I don't have to wheel it round the back.
If you have a very compact round, you can't beat it. What's easier, Pushing a trolley for 15 metres to the next house, or moving the van?
If I wanted a van mount I would just stick a tank in the back. Parking is a problem on new compact estates. With a trolley you can forget about it. Dai

*foxman

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 08:06:01 pm »
The Freedom is a very well thought out and *loody well built piece of kit. It will drive 100 metres of hose with no probs all day long if you need it to but can also be used stand alone as and when best to do so.

You must be joking, right!? It's a terrible design. The one we had the varistream was hanging off the back waiting to get smashed off, the battery leaked acid everywhere, extremly heavy, i could go on! The driving a 100 metres of hose is just the pump which is pretty much standard in every WFP setup nothing to do with the trolley.

Its a modified sack truck... there is no design!!

brightnclean

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 08:31:34 pm »
No Foxman I am not joking.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?

You say "had"  Well I've had mine around 3 months and its the latest design.  Heavy?  No way mate!!  If it was anywhere near as bad as you are saying I wouldn't have bought another. Nor would the 3 other guys that I know that have bought it.

I think you are way out of order mate. Get your facts right before you go slagging something off. I say this because I know for a fact that you arent talking about the trolley that they now sell. They dont even fit the varistream to it any more.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
Brightclean foxman says he has had one and that is his opinion which he is entitled to,one of the only things we have left in this country is free speech.If he wants to as you put it slag it off,that is completly up to him if people companys put there products on sale it`s all part of the game,but you cant put a stop to peoples opinions.

mark dew

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2007, 08:54:03 pm »
haha... these trolley posts always get a good for and against response.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2007, 08:56:35 pm »
Well here we are - its 50/50 really half of you say YES to the freedom trolley the other half NO - my problem is I still gotta setup my business with some sort of water fed pole system and im split right down the middle as what to do? Time is getting on and I still got an empty van  :(  :-\ :-\ :-[

brightnclean

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 08:57:31 pm »
NWH. You are right about free speech.

I just thinks its very unfair to make statements like that about a product which has evolved from it's original form. Which may have been heavy etc but no longer is. Its a bit like me saying that my latest model car is rubbish because an older model was in my opinion.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 08:59:12 pm »
Go straight for the van mount if you can afford it,you`ll want one in the end anyway if all goes well.Then if you find access problems etc look into other options.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2007, 09:00:24 pm »
Brightclean you know i love you really.

brightnclean

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2007, 09:03:58 pm »
Well here we are - its 50/50 really half of you say YES to the freedom trolley the other half NO - my problem is I still gotta setup my business with some sort of water fed pole system and im split right down the middle as what to do? Time is getting on and I still got an empty van  :(  :-\ :-\ :-[
Well mate.. if I were you I would just go get a water butt.. stick it in your van. You can secure them with a bit of rope you know. Get a hosereel from B & Q and a decorators pole.. you can stick a scrubbing brush on the end you know.  If you think I am joking I aint.. I've seen set ups like that  :p

I've told you my experience and so have others.

You have to make a decision. In any public forum there's going to be different opinions. Go with what you feel is best for you and all the best of luck with it.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2007, 09:53:06 pm »
Well here we are - its 50/50 really half of you say YES to the freedom trolley the other half NO - my problem is I still gotta setup my business with some sort of water fed pole system and im split right down the middle as what to do? Time is getting on and I still got an empty van 

I would say look carefully at your round. Consider whether you are going to have access and/or manouvering problems with a hose reel and if so how much. If the problems with manouvering a hose outweigh those of manouvering a trolley then go for the trolley. Your going to need a storage tank in your vehicle anyway to support your trolley so the switch to van mount later if you found you wanted to wouldn't be a big step as the freedom trolley can be used to feed a hose-reel just by reconfiguring your hose connections. But you will still have your trolley for those out of the way properties which most of us seem to have.

This is the route I've taken as many of the properties on my round are way away from the service roads even to reach with a hundred metre hose and I work on my own.

*foxman

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2007, 10:54:21 pm »
I think you are way out of order mate. Get your facts right before you go slagging something off. I say this because I know for a fact that you arent talking about the trolley that they now sell. They dont even fit the varistream to it any more.

No, maybe you should get your facts straight. We've had one and 'the varistream (or whatever it was) was hanging off the back waiting to get smashed off, the battery leaked acid everywhere, extremly heavy' that is a fact

There is no way the design has changed as it's a sack truck!

And if i want to express an informed opinon about something, like you are, i will.
So maybe your 'out of order'.

brightnclean

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 11:09:38 pm »
So Mr Foxman.

How long ago did you get your Freedom trolley?

Ive seen the old design one myself and how you can say the design hasnt changed is beyond me  ???

*foxman

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 11:11:19 pm »
About 12 months ago.

have you a picture of yours which you can upload to see what differences there are?

brightnclean

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 11:23:06 pm »
Hmmm the freedom site is down.

I havent got a pic myself. Have a look at the freedom website sometime.

www.purefreedom.co.uk

*foxman

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 11:29:51 pm »
No joy with their site getting an error message, will be interesting to see if it has changed.

The latest one i've seen was at the Fed show in Blackpool, that was pretty much the same as what we had.