Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ajy

3-pce suite
« on: September 27, 2004, 02:57:52 am »
hi guys,,getting to grips with this now,,what a great site and bunch of guys,,,(helpful)what prices should i charge for the average 3-pce???

Mike Halliday

Re: 3-pce suite
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
If you want to be snowed under with work charge £40 but if you're lazy charge £120 and you end up doing only a third of the work you'd be doing when charging £40.

;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 11:46:54 am »
But make the same money for a lot less effort!!
I get better looking each day!!

ajy

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 05:23:40 pm »
you guys are on the ball,,i dont think im lazy mike but obviously i dont want to work my hart out mate ,,thanxs for the response

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 08:54:58 pm »
Or if you hate doing suites - £150 upwards.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Phil Marlor

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 09:40:29 pm »
Dont charge £40.00.

You need to price a suite at nearer £100.00, it can take up to 3.5 hours (well I am slow) at £40 thats only just over £10 ph.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

woodman

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 10:15:01 pm »
One day Phil,

You will have to let show you how you can knock an hour to and hour and half off that time using my method of cleaning suites, safely and with quick drying times ;)

Trevor

Martin S

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 10:24:12 pm »
Hi Trevor,

Having seen how you clean a suite first hand, I can vouch for your statement regarding time saving (and not much elbow grease either)   ;) ;)

Regards.

Martin S

PS haven't forgotten that i'll post something ref' your help.

PPS what time did you finish in Letchworth?
Martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 10:34:58 pm »
Phil

I can also help you! Stop chatting up the customer and the tea/coffee brakes, stop wishing and concentrate on the job in hand. ;D ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 10:38:23 pm »
I also take 3hrs.

When I went to Ashbys acordinding to sylabus they were meant to show how I could save an hour.

If splash and dash can do it in an hour they still get £40 an hour.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 11:08:27 pm »
Len,

Have you ever thought it could be the other way round the customer is chatting me up.

Had one last week who sat on the stairs while I cleaned her 3 piece and never stopped talking.

Nice lady though ;)

Phil

ps Trevor where in Hertfordshire are you based?

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 11:35:27 pm »
Phil

Point taken, but I’m so focus on getting the job done it would be like the wife talking to me, then again do they ever stop! ;D   Have some ear plugs free see you in London.

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 12:08:31 am »
Trevor, why not just tell us how to knock an hour of our suite cleaning ::)

Adam, you should charge as high as you think you can get away with but don't go lower than £75, as you get more comfident you'll find it easier to ask higher prices.

Mike

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 12:23:00 am »
Most of the time I quote over the phone and ask a lot of questions how ever do some times come unstuck re size they say two seater where it can turn out it can sit three/four how do you get out of this quandary?

Mike AJY = Adam ??? :o

Len

ajy

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 12:23:03 am »
think ive got to go with you on this one mike (charge what i can get away with) i like it,,you got any jobs ;D

Derek

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 08:51:34 am »
Come on fellas...whats this 'charge what you can get away with'

What an attitude!...

You have to work darned hard to clean a suite properly then you should expect a fair return for your efforts.

The statement above would indicate that you are ripping a customer off... surely this isn't the case

Derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 09:24:59 am »
OK Derek why don't you tell us the formula for working out how much to charge to clean a suite.

'charge what you can get away with' might sound unproffessional but its how most carpet cleaners make up their prices.

if you charge by the hour then did woodman cut his prices by 40% when he learnt to cut an hour off his cleaning time,

or if we work out our price by how much our bussiness expenses are would you put down your prices when you've paid off the bank loan you got to buy your equipment.

Mike

David_Annable

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 11:15:00 am »
Hi ajy

I think to get anywhere £100 to clean a suite takes a lot of salesmanship, something that a newcomer will not have.

On the otherhand you dont want to start out to cheap as you will have trouble pushing your prices up.

You really need to know what your compertion is charging and pitch your price accordingly.

Dont forget that the people charging a lot will have high overheads, the cheap people will have low overheads.
So its all related to your overheads & how much you want to earn per hour.

Dont fall into the trap of wanting to earn £40 but not getting much work, when you could do very nicely at £30 an hour and being resonably busy & keep your overheads down.

David Annable

Just my Twopeneth
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 11:20:45 am »
I think you also have to be realistic. You are not going to get high prices for cleaning a Ten Year old Suite from the COOP which was designed to withstand Four years Wear And Tear. You are not going to get high prices for the second hand suite, unless it was an antique.

Also Lens riht you do need to check out size was caught twice lat week. Have instructed Sales Team to ask more questions regarding size,

woodman

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 12:25:46 pm »
Hi Martin

I finished at 3pm, not bad eh.

Hope you enjoyed your time with me and that it has given you something to think about ;)

Phil , I am based in Bedfordshire close to Herts & Bucks borders.

Trevor