This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Angle Adapters & Goosenecks
« on: June 13, 2007, 01:32:11 pm »
Guy's I have been using the plastic angle adapter since December last year, and to be honest with you I find them very good.

Then I see the gooseneck fitted to a pole and feel it looks more professional than the plastic Angle one's, and I also susspect you could put a little more pressure on the brush with a gooseneck?

my question is...... can you do all Jobs with a gooseneck with ease, or do you get any hasstle, when you need to get at a window at different angles? if you do how do you get over the problem????

Thanks Guy's

Re: Angle Adapters & Goosenecks
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 01:37:35 pm »
I hate the look and feel of the plastic angle adapters.
I have the g-fit from Gardiners and it's great I have it on all3 of my poles and use it on all windows

Davew

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:42:07 pm »
I have Gardiners goosenecks too and yes they feel/look good but I rarely use them anymore. I prefer the adjustable plastic ones because I can alter the angle to clean the sills and use it straight with a swivel.

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
I love the plastic adapters, they are so very quick and easy to adjust as required...I have a facelift gooseneck which sits in the shed looking very pretty....but she is never used...apart from 1 large commercial job I have.

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 04:31:07 pm »
I have Gardiners goosenecks too and yes they feel/look good but I rarely use them anymore. I prefer the adjustable plastic ones because I can alter the angle to clean the sills and use it straight with a swivel.

i just got the gooseneck today, added the plastic adaptor and gaz swivel brush, it works great,
and you can still adjust to any angle, i think its brilliant, why dont you just ad the angle adaptor.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:16:09 pm »
Driving on the RHS of the road is great -  until you realise that everyone else is on the left. Angle adapters are very expensive but maybe you should try one and still reach the other side of the road.

Davew

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 06:27:04 pm »
Jouk, do you say you have a gooseneck and an angle adapter and a swivel all joined together? I tried a gooseneck with a swivel and felt odd. Goosenecks are great for those high windows though when everything is kept vertical.

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:10:56 pm »
Jouk, do you say you have a gooseneck and an angle adapter and a swivel all joined together? I tried a gooseneck with a swivel and felt odd. Goosenecks are great for those high windows though when everything is kept vertical.

yes, i think its great, although i can just use the gooseneck on its own, i was just courious if the plastic adaptor would fit, and it does, back or front,  so gave it a bash today,    i think gaz swivel brush has a better control
with the gooseneck, its weird at first, after about 10 mins you get the feel for it, and i just got it this morning ;D

macmac

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:17:06 pm »
I'm the other way jeff, used goosnecks for 3 years then tried angle adaptor 6 months ago. will not be going back to goosneck, the ability to quickly change angle of brush is just soooooooooooo handy.

tony

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:21:50 pm »
I'm the other way jeff

tony

:o :o :o :o Stay away from me then Tony ;D ;D ;D

No! all Joking aside, I find it so easy to change the angle of the plastic one I'm just playing with the idea of buying one, but I'm no 100% sure I'll like it.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:31:54 pm »
I still have the facelift goosneck which i have to use once a month for a hotel with 12" deep sills. other than that, on the odd occasion i do need a bit more reach i just screw another angle adaptor onto the first one.

tony

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 08:35:32 pm »
I still have the facelift goosneck which i have to use once a month for a hotel with 12" deep sills. other than that, on the odd occasion i do need a bit more reach i just screw another angle adaptor onto the first one.

tony
Thats what Jouk45 said he's just learnt to do,
My own house has 10'' deep sills and there is one out the back, were I just add another plastic angle adapter, this gets it right were I want it.

Davew

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 09:08:33 pm »
Big difference in price between the two, both have their uses. For me its adjustable and a swivel 99% of the time. I'm really supprised the big suppliers haven't cottoned on to swivels yet. Really need a light, strong but smooth one that will last for years. Come on Alex pull your finger out. Gaz one is ok but could be improved imho.

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 09:44:38 pm »
Big difference in price between the two, both have their uses. For me its adjustable and a swivel 99% of the time. I'm really supprised the big suppliers haven't cottoned on to swivels yet. Really need a light, strong but smooth one that will last for years. Come on Alex pull your finger out. Gaz one is ok but could be improved imho.
I have improved my Gaz brush by fitting my own brass 2mm Jets, it gives a better rinse and looks just a little more professional.
I do agree with you its about time they were mass produced and made to last.