This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

choice.clean

monitoring staff
« on: September 18, 2004, 09:15:55 pm »
how do you quality control the work when you take on staff. ??? i went to check quality of work of my men who have been with me a short time and it freaked me out as one window not cleaned at all and one house missed completely i don,t think it was deliberate and i think i have got the right guys working for me but how do you check the quality without getting on the staffs nerves. >:(
i really want to get a good balance between keeping them motivated and keeping the customer happy but short of employing a sherlock holmes i can,t think of how to do both ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED MOST OF OUR CUSTOMERS ARE DOMESTIC AND THE CUSTOMERS ARE NOT USUALLY IN THEY DO HAVE A CARD THRU THE DOOR THAT TELLS THEM TO PHONE MY MOBILE IF THEY NEED TO CONTACT US. I HAVE THOUGHT OF PHONING THE CUSTOMERS BUT I DON,T WANT TO LOOK FOR TROUBLE. :-/

Duke

Re: monitoring staff
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:41:54 pm »
Our customers get a customers charter, promising the reliability and quality of work....if they arn't happy with the job....they phone or e-mail the office. It's our policy to rectify the situation....even if it means going back and giving them a free clean. This rarely happens....and all our cleaners are vetted and work with an established cleaner before they are given their own round...that's how we deal with it anyway... :o

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 12:10:35 am »
its a difficult matter altogehter, i have a lad working for me, spent 4 hours late friday night jet washing in the cold, then we worked through till 6am, weve been on site all day doing a build clean on a 6 bed 4 bathroom, as the devloper through another company (domestic franchise) off site late last night.

he loves the work, and tomorrow im spending £200 on IPAF training for him.

he knows that there are prospects ie can eventually run a van and crew.

so therefore, you have too allow them the freedom to do the job, but dangle the carrot for doing the work properly.   so if they need to monitored closely and spot checked to start with then DO IT, then allow the freedom

you could incentivise throough a bonus scheme for them retainging customer and bringing on new customers.  this will hopefully also deter them from want ing to go off and start their own business.

regards

martin

Rob_B

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 11:17:58 am »
How about telling your staff that you are going to contact a couple of random customers every month and if they give glowing reports, give your staff a little cash incentive.

By doing a random type thing, they will have to do a good job on all your customers to make sure they get the bonus.

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 12:27:05 am »
that kills two birds with one stone,

because the customers also think that you stilll love them, therefore happy clients, therefore referrals, therefore more profit,

everyones a winner.

regards

martin