Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Re: I LOVE my Van !
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »
Chris
Why didnt you fit a ball valve to the exit end of your waste hose, then you wouldnt have to lean over your portie or even get in the van to empty the waste tank?
Alan

That sounds like a good idea Alan.

I dont suppose you can supply a link or photo of the sort of thing that you have in mind ?

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

Liahona

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 06:44:51 pm »
Chris, I understand what you are saying, however I fitted my van out myself so to to do it cost about £50 for the filler pipe, breather hoses and of course a locking cap.

Only took about 20 mins to do, best, Dave.

alan lewis

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 11:30:07 am »
Chris

I hope ive posted the picture right, it was fitted when i had the TM fitted, but i would imagine aswell as Alltec, im sure Woodbridge or HM could supply one. The problem with gate valves is they WILL leak, having 3 of them on my pond filter taught me that and the end result will be dirty water leaking onto your van floor...and it wont smell nice either! Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2007, 07:28:52 pm »
Hi

I have not posted for seven months and managed to get back on here after remembering my password, and just been very busy.

I bought a Vivaro which was two years old and had done 67k. I had ordered a new tm from prochem and was surprised by a phone call telling me that due to the waste tank sitting behind the machine, i could not have the sub mounted tank so had to have a single tank, fitted sideways in the van. This robbed me of space and stopped me getting a proper hose reel.

Prochem did not mention the waste tank, and i was going by their dimensions in their catalogue. Apart from this, it has been a good sized van to get onto driveways etc, and even manages to squeeze under a roller shutter on one job that a transit wouldn't.

Although i have made a wooden hose reel in the back to hold 150 feet of pipe, i am thinking of putting mesh shelving over the tm and putting the coiled hoses on these. When i take hoses into a property i usually take them in coiled and roll them out to the van so this might be easier anyway.

Unfortunately, this van cost me close on 2k on a rebuilt gearbox, so be warned.

dave