Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

M - Power
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »
I have been using m power on and off for about 5 months now and still can't make my mind up. I use mpowe mainly for my customers that dont want conventional toxic chemicals to be used and mainly for my health as well. But i've recently had 4 really good regular customers complain that their carpets got dirtier quicker and did not look as clean as normal. Now i followed all the the guidelines to the book. i used the correct diluiton rate and aggitaited with a sebo and then extracted with hot water rinse. Following the call backs i cleaned 2 off the jobs (Synthetic carpets) with hyrodri and the results were much better and 3 weeks on the customers are more then happy. I know that on my dirtier side of the cleaning, i never get the same results with using MS even when i've spent ages aggitating with a scrubber.
Has anyone else come across this? I'm not sure whether to carry on using MS.

jbcleaning

Re: M - Power
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:18:04 pm »

I find M-Power too upredictable. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't. The trouble is that you have to wait 15 minutes to find out if its worked or not. I prefer normal micro-splitters and have gone back to them.

matt jones

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:10:21 pm »
To be honest i am starting to wonder about results some times its been brilliant other times not so good but dont know why, i sometimes prespray it hot but im sure it works better with cold water.
matt

carpetguy

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:31:01 pm »
Do you have the same unpredictable results with other products.............if you did.....what would you do?

rob

Tony_Browning

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:53:35 pm »
I also tried M-Power (on the back of such glowing reports)....but have reverted back to normal micro-splitters.......as above unpredicatable results.....first 2 customer complaints for 3 years.

It seems as though we are all using it incorrectly but sadly I don't wish to use something that is over complex in it's usage.

Micro-splitting cleaning is in my opinion one of the safest and effective all round cleaning solutions I have come across.

:D
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

Matt Lindus

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:43:49 pm »
Couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding this stuff, although you could use it to make a nice rice pudding.  ;D
Wouldn't have the stuff given. 

woodman

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:53:40 pm »
Funny that,

watched today when after spraying it on an off white wool loop pile carpet that had a large soiled water mark in the middle of the room, the stain dissapeared before my eyes, much to the astonishment of the client and before any cleaning cleaning took place. (apart from a pre-vac of course) ::)

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:46 pm »
Matt if you wouldn't have the stuff given to you how do you know what it's abilities are?

I have had good results most of he time, I say most of the time because no 1 product will work all of the time.

But then i would say that wouldn't I ::)

Phillip Mold

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 04:42:21 pm »
Matt, if you do have some given feel free to send it here, I am a believer!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Eddie Conroy

M Power
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 10:46:07 pm »
I recently met with another carpet cleaner who stated that all he was doing was , vacuuming applying M Power as a prespray, and agitating with a Sebo Duo Brush. That's it. no rinse extraction or further work. He no longer is carrying his machine on the van.
I will trial M power now that smaller quantities are available, but is this the recommended way if not are other CC's doing this? The guy I met has an established family business
Regards
Eddie

David_Annable

Re: M Power
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 11:06:56 pm »
Hi

Fresh water rinse after agitation is the normal precedure.

This reminds me of the CC who was using the Host system & produced an E30 which he claimed was an extractor, of course he wasn't extracting at all just leaving it in the carpet.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 11:28:49 pm »
Hi Eddie
This guy is still leaving a load of crap in the carpet as far as iam concerned and ending up with a cosmetic clean,also spotters and solvents should be rinsed out.M-power is a great cleaning product and with extraction, the end result will always be a big improvement on the original.M- power works very well with LM methods such as charley pads and bonnets ,but the sebo duo should only be used for agitation purposes not just for cutting corners IMO.Also i find that M-power struggles with polypropelene so be careful if you follow this route.  

Mark

Kev R

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:39 am »
I would suggest using the product as it is supposed to be used.  :o

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 04:54:50 pm »
How can you clean a carpet properly with no form of extraction?

Thats like rubbing a load of washing powder in your clothes and wearing them as clean clothes, i think not  ::)

as was mentioned earlier,a case of cutting corners, wont do any good in the long run!

regards
steve

AquaMagic

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:20 pm »
I think the answer would be that M-Power continues cleaning and breaking down and splitting for upto 14 days, i personaly extract afterwards and this is also recommended by the supplier, however ive heard of cleaners who spray and agitate under chairs and sofa's then move sofa back and just leave it, they then just rinse the visable area, in my opinion for M-Power best results are obtained by pre-vac, accurate dilution at 120-1, good heavy spray, cursory agitation with a duo or similar, good dwell of 10-15 mins, reapply with a light misting if the carpet has dried when you are ready to extract.  I also agree that its better on wool than polyproalene.

Dene

Dust Knights

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 06:02:15 pm »
I apply a few drops of M Power to the buckets when using Charly Pads on polyprop and use No.9 or Craftex as the main pre-spray.

The combination works very well.

Chris

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:23 pm »
The way that m power works is the constant attraction and repulsion of the molecules producing a brownian motion. This motion in effect smashes the dirt up into smaller and smaller pieces. It then forms a matrix around the pieces preventing them from reattaching to the fibers. Obviously this can then be extracted using hwe which will produce best results as the flushing action will be able to remove more of the matrixes but vacuuming when dry will have an effect too but not an effect that would be considered a professional result on a fairly soiled carpet.
In my opinion if the areas under sofas and beds are not too soiled then a spray and agitation will be sufficient but extraction will be needed on the rest.
Try it on your own carpets first to see if you are happy with the results also inspect them the next day and the day after as the cleaning properties carry on as long as there is a little moisture in the carpet so results will improve with time!

Cheers Goron

darren72

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:28 pm »
I think yous are taking this M-Power thing to far to say it continues to work 14 days later aye right.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 07:16:19 pm »
try it!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

stains-away

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 07:27:57 pm »
constant attraction and repulsion of the molecules producing a brownian motion.

I thought it was a boy scoutium motion ???