This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robcooper

Starting up and canvassing
« on: September 16, 2004, 12:21:17 am »
I am looking to start up in Bognor Regis, I need to build up a round of about 300 customers before I can give up my present job because I have the usual mortgage, 2 kids etc, etc. I have currently put out 1000 flyers through doors and have had a response from 10 people, if this is to be the average response then it seems I need to put out 30,000 flyers to get the customers!! :o Have done window cleaning before when I left school but ofcourse had no commitments then so my build up speed didn't really matter, I found door knocking quite effective then but more time consuming and have less time now to canvass. Any ideas/advice or pearls of wisdom that anyone could give me would be great, do you think my target is unrealistic?? Cheers  :)

martin19842

Re: Starting up and canvassing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:47:33 am »
you will be surprised how much business or at least enquiries that you will get from actually being on patch.  there maybe an argument for you start part time,  but the problem being that trying to concentrate  on two things at once.

there maybe an argument to put say another 1000 leaflets out, and then re leaflet the patch in say a month time.

the problem with putting out too many leaflets is that the customers then become dotted around, and the economics of the business start to go pear shaped, more time travelling, rather than up the ladder.

also bear in mind the time of year, i have seen areas recently saturated with window cleaners, as the weather changes they seem to disappear.

reliability of service, fuels the powerful referral fromhappy client.

regards

martin

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:57:46 am »
Martin

Thats a great idea re-leaflet the patch in a months time

I use leaflets but do one area then do another.
I have never re-leafleted the same area again.

I will try that and see what responce i get
Although work is now coming in steady and another window cleaner i chat to won't take anymore on as he is 69 is now passing new one's on to me and picking up quite a few just being out.

Still need more work though so i will try the re-leafleting

Paul

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:03:25 am »
the saying that persistence pays, does work.

because even if people dont read the leaflet the first time, they will sub consciously (spelt wrong) take in the info then by re leafleting it starts to deliver the message that you are still around, therefore RELIABLE.

regards

martin