This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul@ctcs

Best Dry Vac???
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:56:01 am »
As the propiator of a small cleaning company im looking to upgrade our general use tub style dry vacuum cleaners. We currantly use Numatic and Nilfisk machines and due to the nature of the objects (sweets,chips,butts,etc)and the high frequency of use we rightly or wrongly use both types without a bag, this does not seem to affect the performance providing the machines are emptied daily.
The nilfisk is a very powerful machine and well made but quite expensive when compared to the numatic but i guess you get what you pay for!
My question is what type of vac would you guys recomend? i understand Victor vacuums are good but dont know very much about them? £60 to £100 being the buget.

Many thanks
Paul

martin19842

Re: Best Dry Vac???
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 11:23:42 am »
ive used numatic for years, currently using the grey numatic contractor ones.

what amazes me is that i used to have cleaners that would manage to break the hose connector, well ive bee dragging them round building sites, sucking up everything you would find associated with sites.

and no problem at all, either reliability or performance.

is it a case of stick with what you know

regards

martin

Lesley J

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 02:12:33 am »
we have been using the grey numatics for over a year and the cleaners love them, them have been dropped down stairs fallen out of cars and vans and they still keep on going, good value for the price ;D
Lesley Tyrrell

offclean

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:06:03 pm »
Still prefer the old Henry's. the trouble with the grey ones is there's no cord rewind. V. annoying.

Using without the bag is ok but it does shorten the length of time before the efficiency is affected and therefore you end up emptying the vacuum and and cleaning the filter more often.

It will almost certainly reduce the life of the motor as well.

englum

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 12:01:59 am »
;D hi had same problem spoilt for choice decided to try  a new model james  similar to henry was impressed i bought two at the moment special offer on company called neat ideas selling for 69.99 plus vat if need info let me know
                        tony
WE CLEAN LIKE MARTINI
ANYTIME  ANYPLACE ANYWHERE

an3175

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 09:39:12 pm »
We sell the Victor V9 hepa tub vac for £79 including delivery plus vat, sell over 200 a year never had any probs. 

paul@ctcs

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 09:56:10 am »
This is a blast from the past :)

an3175,

We are always buying vacs to leave on new jobs, if you can email me some info that would be great.

Thanks
Paul

House Angels

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:25:03 pm »
Likewise please, with full details and specification

many thanks

Terry
Terry

Professional service at all times

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 09:27:58 pm »

hi there,

well guess what, one of my grey numatic contractor vacs, has died.  and they didnt even throw it down the stairs.  Just using it as normal then nothing, and its not the fuse.

So that ones going back.

regards

martin

Fox

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 08:01:16 am »
I'll be sticking to Henrys  ;D  £69.99 + VAT Macros.  Last lot I bought came with 10 free bags each not sure if they are still doing that offer though.

Like the James too but no wind for the lead which is a pain.

Fox

paul@ctcs

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 09:32:52 am »
Morclean,
How much are the back pack vacuums?

Musicman

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 09:39:38 am »
We use the grey Numatics (James), I personally don't think that the winder facility is worth almost £20 extra as it only takes 30 seconds to wind around the outside of the vacuum.

On the whole they are reliable but we have had a few break down (always operator error according to our supplier - what a surprise - have just changed supplier) but as the purchase price is about the same as the repair cost we always replace rather than repair.

We also use a few Hyper back vacs as shown on the link from Morclean and can definately endorse them. I've tried many in the past but this seems to be the best especially as you don't lose suction as they are bagless (the big fault with the Nilfisk model), are easy to empty, and the heat is directed away from the back.

I actually think their performance is better than a Henry or James when used with the flat floor tool.
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

Cleanguide

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 04:41:17 pm »
Can only agree we have seen the back pack from Morclean and it's a good performance and light weight

Kirsty
Kirsty from CleanGuide