Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: My first upholstery clean
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 02:57:58 am »
Karl

Was being facetious sorry (if) did not say suites.

(Clean the brown draylon that was pink, and the brown that was green. Both had been diy cleaned and full of soap.) Can’t comment on the green one, but mine was from smoke but it was a flood job no diy involved.

To put the cat among the pidgins one of my letting agency had recommend me to a friend of a friend the other week, customer selling home draft marks only, four weeks previously had a tm’er in clean carpets noted the company has all the, :o  any way she asked if I cleaned upholstery sold her my hunter, now educated.

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Karl Wildey

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 09:36:14 pm »
Len,
True, well almost, the green one my father cleaned before I joined the business,
it was the eighties, before digi-cams, internet, forums, IICRC, etc, those were the days.

Derek

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 07:08:17 am »
I have come across this thread a bit late..but would like to say that there is a way to test for residues without the use of a machine a slight deviation will enable you to carry out a pH test at the same time.

I would also like to comment that training is fine...I have always advocated regular ongoing training to be part of the job.

It should not stop there...every day is a learning curve and every opportunity should be taken to increase knowledge... I am truly amazed how many 'professional' cleaners are failing to identify correctly the product they are about to clean.