Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyfindlay

cleaning very dirty carpet tiles x 580m2
« on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:23 pm »
how long to clean a 580 metre square area of very badly soiled/trashed carpet tiles, with a portible, and what chemicals are best suited to the job, multi pro, blitz, power burst maybe. cleaning a test patch, then quoting a price, any suggestions, £1 per square metre?

Paul_Ashworth

Jason Hedges

Re: cleaning very dirty carpet tiles x 580m2
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:57:31 pm »
Hi Gary,

Did a trashed carpet tile job very similar in size to the one you mention about 2 years ago (1 year in business and my first decent commercial job). I used a prochem steempro and it took 2 of us 2 very long 12 hour days!! Main problem for us was only water source and toilet was right at the back of the building so lots of time consuming walking!

Re-filling, mixing solutions and emptying take all the time when using a porty, quicker methods for a job of this size are obviously a truckmount or low moisture system like dry fusion or texatherm.

I quoted £600 and got the job but was it hard work or what!! Now i would charge double that!

I used prochems trafficlean with crystal green rinse which did the job well. I've got some ultimate master and blitz on order so cant comment on them as yet but reading comments on here about them they sound the business so could be worth a try!

You could always put in a good quote then if you get it sub it out to someone local to you with a faster cleaning system charging less for a faster job and make some money arranging it, just a thought!

Good luck with the quote.

All the best,
Jason.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 08:02:35 am »
Gary if you are happy with £580 for the job then a £1/M is an Ok price, it's what you are happy to earn   some might say they wouldn't do it for less than a grand but that's the price that makes them happy, it nothing to do with how much you charge.

as a rough guess I would say a 2 man a team using a portable  with vac-prespray-scrub-extract technique it would take about 10hrs

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:01:32 am »
and throw tons of champion at it!