Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Karl Wildey

Re: Van signage information
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 08:37:20 pm »
If you going to put 'or its free' on any advertising, you got to know what you are doing and do a good job, or it will be free.

Maybe the 'or its free' says more about those afriad to use it. I don't think a cowboy would even risk it as he would be working for nothing, hence thats why you only see this on professional carpet cleaner vans.

Got a website for the card dispensers somewhere in my misc file in the office, will dig it out if I remember tomorrow

Steve Chapman

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 08:44:11 pm »
The fact is you can't "make" someone be satisfied with the cleaning even if it's the best in the world!

I've had jobs where we've done a fantastic job and even tho the customer has readily paid up, they've still said they are unhappy about this or that! Just because they are a miserable so & so.

If i'm satisfied i've done a brilliant job i'm certainly not gonna give it away for free! :o

wheres the sense in that?  -  and if you never intend to then thats misleading also ;)

regards
steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 08:50:10 pm »
I think 'the happy or you don't pay guarantee' is a case of get started, show them a test sample and then ask them 'will you be happy with this result?'

if they say 'no' then you pack up and leave, if they say yes then you are guaranteed to be paid,  so its not as if you are cleaning a carpet then finding out if they are happy and are willing to pay you.

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Neil Grainger

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »
Its a sales ploy and it also makes the customer feel safe with you as a company.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 11:44:18 am »
Been running the 'or its free' for over 5 years, and never given a free job. I do get lots of worried clients who do not know who they are getting from yellow pages, so this 'fail safe', puts they mind at rest.

Saying that I live in Norfolk, and its quiet and relaxed. If I lived in one of the busier cities in the Uk, I would not use it as too many scammers in the larger places.