This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

1 window £1440
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:24:30 pm »
Went to price a job yesterday, a nice block of flats once a  month £120 .
Phoned them with my quote they were ok with it, then I told them there was 1 window that I could not get to . It was 3 floors up on a roof, no way was I going on the roof to get to it . I dont think they even knew about it . Anyway they told me that another window cleaner had been given the job as he would clean that window as well .
My reply was ok then let him.
So much for H&S

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: 1 window £1440
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:17 pm »
Well let him fall off best left alone mate prob one of them fly by window cleaners who comes out for the summer  :D
P&R Window Cleaning

poleman

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:15:56 pm »
I would say, are you aware of your duty regarding employing contractors!

I would say I am full aware and will be reporting this to the HSE

Its time we fight back and get theses cowboys out of our Industry

Andy 

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:22:47 pm »
specially the ones who use waterfed pole systems out the back of there family cars lmao and have no sort of insurances really winds me up. but then again ive found the more perfessional you are the better price the customer will pay..
P&R Window Cleaning

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »
well said Poleman >:(
you can almost read the head lines
WINDOW CLEANER DIES
look out for the posting later!!!!! time to fight back

Jon T.C.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 06:34:59 pm »
P&R

There are quite a few of the lads on here who use wfp out the back of their family car, as they cannot or choose not run to the expense of a van. This also doesn't mean that they are not insured properly.Professionalism, is not dictated by how smart your uniform is or how new your van is, it is dictated by your attitude and the way you conduct yourself and your business.

regards Jon

BTW. I wear uniform and have a sign-written van -mount set up.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Jon T.C.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 06:43:05 pm »
John,

Could you post a pic of the job, so everyone can get a better understanding of the situation of this flat roof. One persons opinion of a job, doesn't mean it's un-safe, just that ,that person in their opinion deems it un-safe.

I'm not having a go John, just offering another slant on it.

Kind regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

NWH

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 06:58:36 pm »
Jon to be classed as a safe contractor did you do a course and if so where do you have to go and how long is the course.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 07:04:29 pm »
No, you ring Safecontractor, they send you out a questionaire to be filled in and returned with any supporting documents required. An auditor then goes through it, if everything is OK , you get accredited, if not they will ask you to re-submit the information or further information. You then get audited every year.

Regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

matt

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 07:05:23 pm »
specially the ones who use waterfed pole systems out the back of there family cars lmao and have no sort of insurances really winds me up. but then again ive found the more perfessional you are the better price the customer will pay..

::) ::) oh dear

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 07:06:22 pm »
P&R

There are quite a few of the lads on here who use wfp out the back of their family car, as they cannot or choose not run to the expense of a van. This also doesn't mean that they are not insured properly.Professionalism, is not dictated by how smart your uniform is or how new your van is, it is dictated by your attitude and the way you conduct yourself and your business.

regards Jon

sure they are jon im talking about the odd few out there that come and go
P&R Window Cleaning

matt

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 07:08:47 pm »
P&R

regards Jon

sure they are jon im talking about the odd few out there that come and go

you made a sweeping statement condemming all window cleaners who use cars instead of a van  ::) , i use a estate car ( its not my family car, thats a new golf ) Im insured with PL insurance and i have even been known to pay tax and NI  ::)

Ive seen a guy in a van driving whilst on the mobile phone, does that mean all van drivers are unsafe and idiots ?? ? ?

Majestic

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »
Jon TC
Next time I am in the area I will take a couple of photos

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 07:19:49 pm »
well yeah they wanna drive and talk then yeah there idiots.

When i made the statment i was talking about the ones with no insurance and pay no tax mate so no need to wory if your not in that bracket
P&R Window Cleaning

Jon T.C.

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 07:36:31 pm »
Jon TC
Next time I am in the area I will take a couple of photos

Personally, from following your posts, I would probably lay money, and say that your instinct is good on these matters.However , it would be interesting to read other peoples perception of this job.

Kind regards

Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 07:39:12 pm »
well yeah they wanna drive and talk then yeah there idiots.

When i made the statment i was talking about the ones with no insurance and pay no tax mate so no need to wory if your not in that bracket
So people who dodge tax can't drive a van? ::)

I drive a brand new van, and I was ripped off so much by IR last time, I won't be paying much this time.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 07:48:48 pm »
How's the NEW van going Squeaks? Still in love with it? I hope your looking after it! ;)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

bluesteve

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »
why do you think that people who run wfp from family cars have no insurance, have you any evidence for this?
 Or was that just a uneducated and small minded generalisation?
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Jason Atwell

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 08:34:35 pm »
John, you should of just sent jason up, then again, he could get lost up there, or need the toilet! ;) ;D
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 08:42:51 pm »
How's the NEW van going Squeaks? Still in love with it? I hope your looking after it! ;)
Yep, kept clean and tidy.
I really like it.