This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mhall

How do you guys put your flyers/leaflets out?
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »
How do you guys put your leaflets out?

Do you pay local kids (if you can find any that will not just throw them away?

Do you include them in the local paper?

Or do you just get out on foot and deliver them yourselves?

Any other suggestments?

Alistair@AWC

Re: How do you guys put your flyers/leaflets out?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:46:04 pm »
I post them myself or get a family member to do it, that way at least you know they have been posted.

Although ive just found a company that will post them for £25 per 1000 so I think I might give them a go, I know they might post them with 10 other leaflets or just dump them but at that price its worth a shot

swindon

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 07:52:49 pm »
i stopped a bloke who was already delivering leaflets for a takeaway he said his boss paid him £35 per thousand, so i gave him £20 and about 500 leaflets.
 It Saved me a days walking and a bit of shoe leather, having said that, if it was a wet day or work was slow i would have delivered them myself. if i can remember i got about 4 jobs from it.
                           hope this helps

Mhall

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:03:36 pm »
Yeah that helps, its hard to trust people when it comes to this, i had mates that used to deliver leaflets when i was a kid, and they always threw them away.

paulstevens

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:12:53 pm »
hi there i get my younger brother to deliver them for free but every job i get i give him a commison on it it gives him a bit of pocket money. he delivered about 200 leaflets on thursday last week and have already got 4 regular monthly cleans and done a conservatory clean yesterday all from 200 leaflets which i think is great considering there is only an average 1 in 100 uptake on them.
Paul

mogy

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:17:54 pm »
Do them your self  , get your  most respectable cloths on , an create a good impression , means loads more than  a bit of paper waiting on the door mat
 Mogy

Pittmonkey

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:03 pm »
I've got the wife, daughter and son out on Sunday oh!!! and me delivering leaflets.

Why Sunday?

Hopefully the leaflets will get the full attention. No other post in the letter box and most people at home looking at their dirty windows conservatories and upvc. :)

Fingers crossed.

I do intend canvassing with my leaflets in uniform aswell between 4-6pm. Mainly housewife’s answer the door and they make the decisions. Well the one in my house does ;D

It’s always worth going back on leaflet drops with a leaflet in your hand asking if they received one, then give them a bit of patter

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Mhall

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 10:56:11 pm »
Pittmonkey, thats a cracking idea!!

I'll have to wait until my son can walk before i can get him helping out ;D ;D

pylofm

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:50 am »
I just put them out myself and each day I work I now allow time to put 'we cleaned in your street today' type leaflets....I always keep leaflets in the van, my bag infact I always keep some leaflets with me...just incase ;D

It can be very boring but I just work on the basis that the 1st two years is about building and this includes the walking...

Cheers
Dave

Count Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 03:28:45 pm »
If you put them out yourself, you may as well just knock the door?

Then leaflet if not in. Canvassing has a much bigger hit rate for sure.

pylofm

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 06:36:07 pm »
P bowen....your're idea did cross my mind but given that I am still learning the language here I will be giving it a little more time until I knock on the doors...as you can see by my signature line I am in Holland and my conversational Dutch needs a little more work...

Cheers
Dave.

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 05:33:40 pm »
that wasn't necessarily aimed at you Plyofm, it was a general comment, as I have been canvassing recently for the first time in two years and picked up work. Some of the people said 'are you the guy with the advert'. Yes i was and they didn't phone, I had to knock and picked them up.

It just struck me that, if you going to walk the streets leafleting, you may as well knock the doors, you get more and, as you will cover less houses cos it takes longer, the round will be more compact.

Apparently, if you leaflet, and then go and canvass a few days later, the hit rate is higher. Not sure how true that is though.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 05:46:36 pm »
never uesed leaflets in my life,i just go knocking on doors it the best way of getting work.

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »
I have always leafleted because I hate door knocking. I have done it in the past and find a lot of the customers you get are time wasters. You end up dropping them after a couple of months or they drop you.
Saying that, the results are better by door knocking, even allowing for the time wasters.

tonyoliver

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 12:05:54 am »
it is illegal to deliver mail shots on a sunday £5.oo  fine each leaflet i kid you not

Pittmonkey

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:33 am »

Hi Tony,

Interesting point didn’t know this.

Is this one of those old by-laws like it’s illegal to wash your car on the street on a Sunday.
(Yep, this is also illegal)

Any reference point I could look this up. What about Bank Holiday’s?

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

stains-away

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 10:00:07 am »
It is however legal to kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in England, only on a Sunday and they must be outside.  ;D

chrismroberts

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 09:49:15 pm »
It is however legal to kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in England, only on a Sunday and they must be outside.  ;D

Doesn't that have to be from the walls of Chester? Hmmm... don't think I'll be crossing the border on a Sunday!!  :P

Mhall

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 04:34:01 pm »
*****UPDATE*****

I put out about 150 leaflets today, got 3 calls the same day, all now booked in!

I was quite pleased with the result

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 04:47:06 pm »
Are you set up to do them MHall?
I mean got water pole van etc?