This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Great One

Advice from you Domestic Demons required
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:53:42 pm »
Hi All

I have been asked to do an initial clean of a residential property (domestic) my usual Mo is EOT cleaning. After the initial clean they want/wanted a bi-weekly clean.

I went in today (sadly alone as my new lady has got a 3 day week job elsewhere) I was in for 4 hours and I thought it came up well.

Got a call from from the client this evening saying not happy, wanted/expected more, didn't go here, found this, that & the other etc...

To keep them happy I agreed to go in next week, with my new lady this time and basically do it again, and then hopefully they will want to continue although If i'm honest I think this is why I have stayed away from Domestic from the start, too problematic?

Any advice from you Domestic Demons would be greatly recieved...

Kind regards

Martin 8)

peter1972

Re: Advice from you Domestic Demons required
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:12:20 am »
Domestic clients are very fickle. Some are happy, but some just can't be pleased, even with the best cleaners.
They pay promptly, but client turnover is high, as the average 'regular' domestic job probably only lasts 6 months. However, some of them pay every month for their cleaner and I hardly ever hear from them! Essentially, in order to make much money, you need lots of cleaners and lots of clients and that means lots of problems, but it's the nature of domestic cleaning! ;)

Kevin White

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:38:01 am »
I would just bite my lip, put it right and walk away. the only domestic work i carry out are one offs. Admire the people that make that make a living at it but dealing with the public, not for me. In my early days the MD of one of my customers wanted weekly cleaning at her house. Couldn,t put a foot wrong cleaning her workplace, cleaning her home however was like dealing with different person.
Stick to what you enjoy.
BE A WINNER
coming 2nd means you were 1st to LOSE

aderyn06

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 06:04:58 pm »
so far I seem to have been lucky, mind you I haven't been doing this long just a few months.
The only complaint I suppose was an elderly  lady who thought I was being a bit free with the Fairy :P
she just likes a damp cloth used in her kitchen with no chemicals apart from the tiniest spot of the stuff.
Everyone on the whole seems to be very nice one lady always makes a point of leaving a teabag in a mug for my cuppa, while another asks me at least 3 times in my three hours with her if I want more tea.   
If it were me I would give up on those you encountered if they did it a second time as it would seem that's how it would always be with them.

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:58:33 pm »
Hi

Thanks guys, I'm really grateful for your valuable input.

I am basiacally going to go in on thursday, do the job and then the lady I was going to employ I will let her negoiate her own terms and that will be where it stops for me on the Domestic front.

I have been EOT for almost 4 years and I shouldn't change it now, some of my clients, not 1 single call back.

Thanks again.

Regards

Martin 8)