This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

want a cf facelift but......
« on: March 31, 2007, 02:42:37 pm »
... i'm doing up my house so most of my cash is going into that, so i thought about buying a 24f GF faceslift and as i can afford it in the future replacing sections of it with CF sections. Would this work?  for example is a GF no 1 section the same dimensions as a CF no 1 section and where is the best place to buy from price wise? also the reason i want this is for reaching over large conservatories and flat roofs without having to wrestle with a 24f universal would a 24f GF facelift actually be that much eaiser?

thanks

twt

Re: want a cf facelift but......
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 05:34:33 pm »
any facelift users out there?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:56:36 pm »
Well Philip, I know the GF and CF are interchangeable because I have a 24ft CF facelift pole with the bottom section being GF.

Bought it from Cleantech.

Fantastic pole to work with.

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

twt

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:13:55 pm »
thanks very much nick
have you ever used a universal pole and if so how much better is the facelift?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 08:02:35 pm »
No I haven't used a universal pole. To be honest the only other poles I've used are an aluminium Unger, and a superlite fishing pole. What I like about the facelift pole is it's ease of use. It's so light you can use it for downstairs windows, and it has just the right rigidity to be able to hold it over a conservatory to access the windows there. I would imagine there would be a significant disparity between the two (universal FG, and the facelift).

Hope that helps Philip.

Nick

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

twt

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 08:21:21 pm »
yes thanks nick

Jon T.C.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
Well Philip, I know the GF and CF are interchangeable because I have a 24ft CF facelift pole with the bottom section being GF.

Bought it from Cleantech.

Fantastic pole to work with.

Nick

Do you mind me asking how much, as I can't find a price on there website.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 01:32:26 pm »
Jon

£390.75+ vat, for just the pole, consisting of three c.f. sections and a g.f. base section.

Nick

Jon T.C.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 07:04:52 pm »
Why is the base section g/f ?
Elite Cleaning Solutions

NWH

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 07:38:37 pm »
I got mine and it`s 4 sections on carbon fiber only with no glass fiber base,and as for the price your way off there mate i paid over £500 for mine and i now think there over £600 for 24ft.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 07:44:38 pm »
Where did you get yours from ?
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 07:52:31 pm »
Jon

The base section is GF to insulate you form electric shock as CF is a very good conductor of electricity.

Nick

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 08:01:53 pm »
NWH

I should have said £390.75+ VAT.

I'll change it.

Nick

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 08:36:05 pm »
Cheers mate but that price is still way off what you will pay now,i got mine before the price was changed,these days that pole is coming out at over £600 with the vat.Because there has been a lot of enquires about that certain pole ie 24ft carbon only there adding it to there website i`ve been told.The best thing to do and i should have done it is to buy the 34ft take 2 sections out and put a protective end on the base when you have it at 24ft.You then have 2 spare sections if at anytime you have to go higher.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »
NWH

I bought it on the 8/3/07, how strange!

Nick

NWH

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 09:10:15 pm »
To be honest i think it`s a bit naughty really,but that`s what happens when theres a lot of demand init they think it`s licence to print money.If there wasn`t such a demand i doubt the price would have changed,i know that the price of carbon varies but not that much.cheers.

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »
i have a 24ft gf facelift for sale in the buy and sell section if anyone is interested
Regards
Malcolm

twt

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:36 pm »
what price do you want for that malcom if you dont want to post on here my email address is avve91@dsl.pipex.com.

twt

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »
malcom you have mail.

macmac

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 08:49:48 pm »
buy the cf, buy bigger than you need, soon you'll be wearing diamonds! ;D ;D

tony