This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

absolutecleaning

Cleaning/maintenance schedule for shopping centre
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:01:54 am »
We have just done a days consultancy/training for a new centre.

They now require a schedule detailing exactly what the cleaners should be doing for every minute of every day.

Any one got any advice/experience of this sort of thing?

I was thinking of just doing a spreadsheet for day 1, day 2 etc.

Cheers

Simon

martin19842

Re: Cleaning/maintenance schedule for shopping centre
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »
hi there

i am presuming that the shopping centre, currently has cleaners,

therfore they will have a specification.
i always ask the client for a copy of the current specifcation, and then you can build your specification, and improve on the current specification.

the reason why i did that was as follows.

say the current clenaer visit a premises 5 days per week,

and they state in their specification that they clean an item ie desks and chairs every day, there may well be an business argument that the desks only need to be cleaned every other day.

never be afraid to ask your potential client for a copy of their current cleaning specification.

if the client does not hasve a copy, then that is a unique selling point that you can exploit.

regards

martin

absolutecleaning

Re: Cleaning/maintenance schedule for shopping centre
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:58:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply Martin.

It is an almost brand new development.  Currently they have two cleaners covering a night time shift and a day shift.

They are changing the rota so that there is one cleaner there 24/7.

There is a spec for the night shift which we dont really want to change as it covers the cleaning of the car park using sit on machinery which we have little experience of.

I was wondering if anyone had doen this before and had a template or if they had any advice on how much to build in for the spillages and urgent cleaning which the onsite cleaner will have to attend to.