This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy Foster

Re: Rotary Surface Cleaner
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 08:24:48 pm »
To be honest, there wasn't a lot of choice when I bought my kit, and they both seemed to be well spoken of so I got them... no regrets as they have been great and have lasted me a while and will last a while longer yet.
However, there is more choice now and it would be wise to shop around and take more advice.

Good hunting.

Andy

Liahona

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 08:56:44 am »
Drivewasher.  If you don't run a machine (any engine) for what it is designed at, it will do two things.  1) obviously it will not perform as well and 2) most important it will not last as long either. 

Whatever the advised optimum revs is suggested should be adhered too.  Any reduction or addition will wear out the engine faster than if it is run as it should be.

Best, Dave.

drivewasher

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »
Drivewasher.  If you don't run a machine (any engine) for what it is designed at, it will do two things.  1) obviously it will not perform as well and 2) most important it will not last as long either. 

Whatever the advised optimum revs is suggested should be adhered too.  Any reduction or addition will wear out the engine faster than if it is run as it should be.

Best, Dave.

What rubish, sorry but we are talking about a positive displacement PUMP. The pump is designed to give a set pressure by forcing a fixed amount of water through an oriface (nozzle) that is matched by it's hole size so as when the set amount of fluid is FORCED through it it comes out at the pump design pressure.
Because this guy is cleaning wheelie bins with a very high spec machine, he should really change nozzle or reduce the amount of fluid going through it, so he has opted to reduce the amount of fluid forced through the nozzle by REDUCING the engine speed to reduce the flow,thereby reducing noise for the operators, reducing nozzle pressure so they don't get spattered with the remants of his customers bins, and a huge saving in fuel used.
When he goes on to clean drives with a surface cleaner he will have to run machine at the PUMPS optimum speed of 3400rpm engine speed if it's a petrol engine will be 3600rpm NO LOAD so when he triggers up the speed drops to 3400rpm this will be the engines best torque/power band.
So if your cars best power output is say 3000rpm this doesn't mean if you go through side streets in 3rd gear at say 1400rpm you are doing your engine damage cos youre not!
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

Andy Foster

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:51 pm »
Hi

Sorry if I have started a contentious discussion here about running speeds of pumps and engines.  My original comment was simply information passed on from the guy who services my pump (he's been doing this job for 20 years or so) who is an expert on pumps and their best use and maintenance.
I do not claim to be an expert on these issues as my job is simply to use the equipment.

However, in my opinion, it is not best practice to respond to a posting in such a negative manner, especially if what you have to say is not backed up by indisputable and consistent fact.

Talking of consistency drivewasher, it may confuse your customers when your website states that your equipment is "...200 times faster than a conventional pressure washer..." then later state that it is "... 10 times faster that DIY washers..."

If the information on your website is that inconsistent then what are we to believe of your comments regarding the best way to get longevity from pressure washers?

Not meaning to be funny, but I was a bit miffed at the way you started your response and the suggestion that the information from an expert in his field was incorrect.

With respect

Andy

drivewasher

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 09:40:33 pm »
Sorry Andy it wasn't a reply to you, in fact I didn't notice your comment about speed until i just looked back
It was really a bit sharp as a reply to Liahona genralising about all things engined. running pump slower  wont damage it as it's not pushing the full amount of water through the pressure is reduced as a by product of this. But for my machinme to produce 250bar iot MUST push 15litres water through tho 04 nozzle in 1 min. the speed is set  to obtain max power from the engine. As i replied to jetcleanse about the speed he is essencially useing a big machine as a good garden hose you know a bit like nipping the end to get a spray. As explained he will need set speed for surface cleaning

About my web site, just ignore it I was playing over the holls and got bored!
I am a plant engineer by trade and got side tracked into driveway cleaning basically to test machines and build them, I then saw the potential and started to market my business, but selling isn't my field as my son constantly gets on my back about it, now you lol... I got a van last year and graphuiced it up but when I put 200 times faster I had second thought about misrepresenting myself so changed it to 20 that somehow became ten, so the vans got "much faster" on it
Today Iv'e done some flags all round house took me 4 hours about 250 metres when I finished the owner told me he had 2 blokes with 2 power washers only did half of it 2 yrs ago took the 8 hours and almost same as I charged.
So Ill have another look at it if I can work out how to get into site

Jet Cleanse Ltd

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 09:19:37 am »
I shall try to get back on track with the initial posting started, thanks for all the information that has been coming in and all information is invaluable when starting out doing something ner.

The machine that I have was purpose built for wheelie bin cleaning but has the additional power to provide other uses as this is needed in any business that I have previously worked in.

I have almost decided what to go for and are just negotiating rates (hooray for the internet!) 

I know would like to know if anybody has any pitfalls I should avoid and advice on the actual cleaning of hard surfaces including how difficult is applying the protective coatings after cleaning? and where to buy?

Thanks

drivewasher

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 10:14:02 am »

Jet Cleanse Ltd

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 07:57:51 am »
thanks for the link, is it relatively simple to apply?