This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Bank transfer questions.
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:31:16 pm »
I always have this on my cleaning note as one of the payment options : Bank transfer : Please put first line of address under payment reference, and then account number and sort code.

But somehow this just doesn't work, I have the option with Alliance & Leicester to put a note with my bank transfer to whoever I want to pay, and it will come up at the other persons summary as 'payment for this and that'. This lady just paid me via Bank transfer, and said that she put her first line of address under payment reference.

Now I know for a fact that with Alliance & Leicester, the payment reference comes up on somebody else's account if I pay them, and is not a reference for my own records. I assume this is the same with every internet banking service.

But so far, all my customers who pay this way, the first line of address doesn't come up in my summary of my account.

How come?  ???

Chris Cottrell

Re: Bank transfer questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:01:12 pm »
It doesnt come up for me either i just get their name and that for me is ok so not really a problem

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:05:45 pm »
Well I only got this : BANK CREDIT WOOLWICH 288916xxx

Nice description! Really wonder how some banks even dare to say they have internet banking, what a laugh.  ::)

It's quite easy to figure out who's who at this point in time, since I don't have that many customers and I have George so I just put their account # under 'notes', but still you know.  :-\

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:08:25 pm »
yes if you had 3/400 of these it would be unworkable

simbag

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:56:23 pm »
GQC, is that a personal or commercial account?

I have A&L commercial acc. and I don't have any problems with that. I get the customers name come up as their acc name, and the address appears underneath as their ref.

Simon

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 05:57:34 pm »
we have two business bank account one with abbey and they do not show ref address and the other account is with ltsb and they do show ref address .

abbey is c**p but free banking

ltsb is good but now charging

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 09:41:08 pm »
GQC, is that a personal or commercial account?

I have A&L commercial acc. and I don't have any problems with that. I get the customers name come up as their acc name, and the address appears underneath as their ref.

Simon

It's a personal account, looking to open a Business Account somewhere in 2007 when I earn enough, could that be the problem?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 11:27:46 pm »
we have two business bank account one with abbey and they do not show ref address and the other account is with ltsb and they do show ref address .

abbey is c**p but free banking

ltsb is good but now charging

Belinda

I have that problem with Abbey as well.  It holds me back from offering electronic bill payment as a general option.  I do offer it to the very few who ask though.  However, I stipulate that they must send me an email at the time of making the transaction with the account holder's name in the email and the amount so that I can keep track of it.
I have even considered using an odd pricing structure to keep track too (e.g. for half a dozen £10 jobs charge customer 1 £10.01, customer 2 £10.02 etc so I know who has paid by the amount of the transaction).

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:14:38 am »
I use Lloyds TSB and they dont have a problem with this they put the customers name next to the amount everytime

Chris

RO-Sheen

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:27:30 am »
Same as me, I have lloyds and my customers add the 1st line of their address (ie 6 main road) and hasnt been a problem.
Belinda from Squeaky-clean1 says that Lloyds are now charging? I dont get charged. Do you Chris?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:14:09 am »
Abbey put the account holder's name too but I have a number of Smiths and Jones and some less usual names duplicated too.  Also, I don't have all my customers' names anyway.  I gradually fill in the gaps when they pay by cheque.  The system I need is to give a customer a reference based on their address and for that to show with the payment.
I have tried phoning Abbey about this but non-standard enquiries to a call centre are met with responses that indicate my enquiry has not been understood.  I think I will actually write to their head office about this.  I doubt anything will come of it but if you don't ask you don't get.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 10:19:17 am »
Hm, I think I'm gonna pop into my bank office, and have a little chat about this. ;)

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 10:57:11 am »
ltsb only give free banking for the first 18 months on business accounts.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 04:48:44 pm »
I have Lloyds TSB free banking full stop no charges in fact I have 5 accounts with them

Chris