Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ANNETTEDORAN

leather suite
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:24 pm »
has anyone got any information or seen  a leather suite changing colour on the arms due to the home owner taking a blood pressure tablet called Lisinopril- i assume something in normal body oils or sweat when taking this - thanks for any help on this

*paul_moss

Re: leather suite
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:21 pm »
(Lisinopril), a synthetic peptide derivative, is an oral long-acting angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. Lisinopril is chemically described as (S)-1-[N2-(1-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl)-L-lysyl]-L-proline dihydrate. Its empirical formula is C21H31N3O5• 2H2O .

Lisinopril is a white to off-white, crystalline powder. It is soluble in water and sparingly soluble in methanol and practically insoluble in ethanol.

It contains the following inactive ingredients: calcium phosphate, mannitol, magnesium stearate, and starch. The some tablets also contain iron oxide.

Doug is the chemist on here so will be able to help better than me on possible causes passed through the body of these chemicals but I would hazzard a guess at the phosphate or the magnesium causing the colour change.

What type of leather are we talking about here and how old?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Leather Expert

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:43:07 am »
Hi there ,dye change due to sweat( also urea off humans & animals ) causes pigment coating to break down. This can alter colour making it lighter or darker and eventually rot leather causig cracking and splitting . If its in early stages it can be repaired by treating colouring and re-sealing .for more info check out   

leatherrevive .co.uk

Regards Paul, Leather Expert

dhnjj

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:58:45 pm »
Hi

Lisinopril can increase the amount of sweat produced in people who are taking it, one of the side effects of taking Lisinopril is a condition called hyperkalaemia which is an increase in potassium in the blood. Potassium is an alkali and can be very reactive

perhaps this is what caused the staining?

:)
Failure lies not with falling down.
Failure lies with not getting back up!

dhnjj

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:41:18 pm »
I Just realised this was written in march and she hasnt been back since

Leather expert your resurrecting the dead! lol

;D ;D
Failure lies not with falling down.
Failure lies with not getting back up!

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 07:48:52 pm »
Might well be resurecting the dead but proved useful to me as I had a look at what I was taking and it includes Lisinopril, and I have been sweating a lot. :o

Had a word with my doctor and now on a different blood pressure tablet. ;)