This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pro-clean

Best Dehumidifier
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:45:29 pm »
I've currantly got 2 pro200's and a DB150 Ebac dehumidifiers and todate they've worked very well, i'm looking at getting some more machines due to an increase in work, commercial and domestic flood damage.
I've seen a porta dry 600  and according to it's spec it's drying process is far superior to the above.
Can anybody enlighten me as to whether this would be a good buy  :)

Another machine that's intrested me is the CR60 by Broughton which i'm lead to believe is a leader in it's field  :)
Cleaning ..it for a living

martin19842

Re: Best Dehumidifier
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:35:40 pm »
hi there

whereabouts are you

regards

martin

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 07:41:42 pm »
hi there

we have moved away from refrigerant dehumidifying, to absorption drying its far better from our point of view.

delivers a quicker and better result, and continue to work well in areas at low temperature.

regards

martin

pro-clean

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 07:54:46 pm »
hi ya martin i'm in south wales

can u enlighten me more in absorption drying and cost of equipment etc
flood damage isn't my main work although i have carried it out over several years, i'm no expert, i would b grateful for any info that u can give me
thanks

Richie

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 06:30:23 pm »
Desiccant dryers are far more efficient than refrigerants and work at lower temperatures and humidities. If you look on our site there is a link to Corroventa who sell excellent machines, some usefull info on there as well.

scimitar clean

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:10:10 pm »
   Have a look at www.restoration-express.co.uk  they are selling a new range of dehumidifiers and absorption dryers i have that they are better quality then the corroventa and cheaper to.

pro-clean

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 09:31:29 pm »
thanks for your advice guys I eventually brought some CR60 and MD80 from www.broughtoneap.com a long with a number of air movers, once again fantastic equipment and a real good price :)

Liahona

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
Have you thought of heat drying instead?  No need for de-hu's, much quicker and less expensive to set up.  Just a thought.

Other than that John Kelly has it right in that refrigerants aren't as efficient as dessicant's.  Best, Dave.

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:00:49 pm »
hi there

it all depends what type of heat you are using.

heat drying, gas fuel, generates a moisture level.

regards

martin

Liahona

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 02:36:53 pm »
I use a fuel burner, kerosene, diesel or even jet fuel which is as good and cheeper.  Mind you red diesel is only about a pound a gallon.

Anyway, almost totally enclose the structure and then heat to about 110 (f) or more if you can get it.

Married to extreme air movement particularly downdraft to pull the hot and I mean hot dry air down to the more moist lower levels.

Of course somewhere in the building the air is vented to the outside

This way I have dried buildings in a few days and in some cases the same day as opposed to what would have taken weeks or months.

Chris Netherton and I (thanks Chris) dried a building in 4 days that a Chem Dry, Rainbow and another company had estimated would take 12 to 16 weeks if just ambient air, with air movers and de-hu's would have been used.

Having used heat drying I wouldnt use anything else where a structure is saturated, I dont mean a little bit of water in a carpet.

Best, Dave.

martin19842

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »
hi there

i agree with that, we had a house last year, that was saturated, and we heated it up, and dehumed at the same time.

totally agree, with the drying effect, however, have to bring the humidity back to the norm, for repairations.

concrete slab is the worst thing.

regards

martin

pro-clean

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 05:07:45 pm »
hi guys very intresting comments thanks.

floods arent my main source of work, we actually carry out xtreme property cleaning/clearance ranging from xtremely dirty property's to trauma scenes and sharp search services, our main source is from housing management and we tend to get the worst of it which includes floods, sewage etc.

Although we have done floods over some years i am aware that things have moved on and my son who has recently joined the business in intrested in the flood side of things and is hoping to go on a structure drying course later in the year with the national flood school.

I wonder if i can pick ur brains over this heat drying, i've just invested almost £4000 in dehumidifiers, blowers etc  :-[

What sort of equipment do i need to heat dry.
Whats the health and safety implications of blowing heat in to property's.
Do the property's have 2 b unoccupied.
Are these machines stored inside the property's or out side.
Is this sommit simular 2 those large trailers that the americans tend 2 use and i think a company called water out use over ere.
Does the flood school implement heating out in their training.
I'm based in south wales i hope i'm not treading on anybodys toes
Thanks in advance  :)
Richie

Liahona

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 05:14:12 pm »
When you see Chris at the school he will let you know all you need to know, or just call him.  Oh and yes he will advise on heat drying.  For 4000 you could have set yourself up with a heat system and air movers.  See if you can take them back and then go see Chris to purchase a heat system.  Other than that Chris will get you the heat system, next day on site delivery and you dont have to purchase anything.  Best, Dave.

pro-clean

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 05:45:22 pm »
Thanks for the info Liahona, i believe my son hopes to attend a course sometime in june and sometime soon i will contact Chris
once again thanks  :)

ps very nice website

Richie

martin19842

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 05:58:59 pm »
hi there

the corroventa dry box's are good.

weve used them a lot

regards

martin

pro-clean

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 07:03:27 pm »
hi ya martin
not very informed about the corroventa dry box's but will look em up
thanks

We've had a large flood damage on since october amongst others due to drainage problems which is ment to b sorted out this month, we've been flooded out 5 times on this particular job which i'm not complaining about   ;) and it wouldn't of mattered which ever method we used, it's nice 2 hear of different drying out processes for future reference

Richie

martin19842

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 07:31:23 pm »
hi ritchie

we had a basement flat job, the tanking kept failing, lovely jubbly as del would say. amazing what water pressure does behind a retaining wall, and the force when the tanking fails.

the developer bought it back in the end.

we got paid out

regards

martin

jasonl

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 12:45:35 pm »
Trailer mounted drying, is far more than heat drying, and far more than £4k, to set up a proper system! our trailers cost us in excess of 35k to build EACH . They have proven time and again to be thefastest, most convenient, and cost effective way of drying large scale projects, eg, big retail outlets, hotels, offices etc.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Liahona

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 04:10:21 pm »
Jason, I wasnt refering to a trailor mounted system, I had just said a heat system which doesnt cost more than 4 thousand to set up.  If you are drying as you have suggested, large scale projects then I am sure a trailor system is much better.  However for a normal "standard" property a trailor isnt needed.

35k is an awful large amount  to set up a system.  Unless you have something so unique that is that different to the one I use to use then they saw you coming.  I spent less than 20k and can heat a building to an inside temp of 5 sometimes when needed 600 degrees f and drop the humidity to less than 5%.  It is not often that those extremes are needed but if required the machine will perform to that level.

What may I ask costs 35k?  Best, Dave.

jasonl

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 08:02:44 pm »
We manufacture them ourselves , and thats what they cost to build! its all top spec, look at the web site below and see,  its totally different frm anything else, i know , it was me that originally imported water out in Jan 01
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings