This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Reading up on this stuff is quite difficult, because there doesn't seem to be that much info on DIY systems on the net. Please bear with me, I'm a complete beginner with this.

Please tell me what I miss, and what I need. Doesn't matter how small the part it. I'm probably missing quite a lot. Still haven't put down where to get everything. But you get the general idea.

Van mount system, 1 operator.

Pure Freedom 300GPD (PF)                                          : £179.99
Deionization Polishing Unit 700ml (G)                            : £23.68

Sureflo 100PSI Pump    (PF)                                         : £79.99
VariStream 2                                                              :  £85.00

Tank 400ltr   (G)                                                         :  £169.00

25 Predator Glass Fibre Pole inc. Vikan + Gooseneck     : £176.00
+ EZ-Snap tail and protecta ball + Flow control valve pk (G)

100 Meter Micro bore Hose                                           :  £68.00
(10 mtrs Micro bore hose (Reel to Pole)         
Hose Reel                                                                  :  £32.00

EZ-Snap Microbore Fitting Kit (G)                                     : £10.00

Float valve with Electric cut-off switch (G)                       :  £10
Handheld TDS Meter (CT)                                           :  £11.95

Heavy Duty Tank Fitting Kit   (CT)                                 :  £110.00
Speedlining van DIY Protecta Coat   (PF)                       :  £74.95

PF : Purefreedom
G : Gardiners
CT : Cleantech

I suppose I would need some bits and pieces to wire in the pump to the car battery? Or would I need a seperate leisure battery on a split charge relay?

brightnclean

Re: DIY Water fed pole system, please check if I'm missing anything.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 05:45:16 am »
Some nice research there :)

Yes thats pretty much it.  However my advice is not to use the 6mm mibrobore. Many have had flow problems with that in 100 mtr lengths. I use the 8mm minibore now and its far better. Just as easy to use but plenty of flow.

You will need a few connectors such as a tank outlet one. Are you sure about £68.00 for a 400 ltr tank? I think you must have missed the 1 off of the front. You will need some hose to go from your tank to pump and pump to reel as well and a couple of connectors for the hose to the pump in and out. Also you have missed out a strainer to go between tank and pump (Essential) They are £6 or £7. Gardiners do the tank outlets and Pure Freedom do the pump connectors and strainers. PF also do DI units for £21.00 with no extra carriage if you get one with your RO. Also they dont publish tank prices but I know they are very cheap for them so worth asking them for a price.

I reckon its hobsons choice about the powering the pump. I prefer the leisure battery route myself but either should do the job for you.

russ_clark

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 07:29:38 am »
Microbore is used by most of us as standard.
I have 2 x 100m on reels and never had a problem with it.
Definately get a strainer -it stops any filth getting into the pump
I also would recommend split charge relay with a leisure battery.
You would also need to consider a small (6ft) pole for ground floor work
I would not be without mine.
Good Luck
Russ

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:17:20 am »
Yes I have to agree with Russ. I didnt notice the pole. You will struggle to use a 25ft with a gooseneck on everything. A great little pole I use is a 3x4ft section extender. I can do most 1st floor and all ground floor work with it. Its very light and I can use it with 1 hand when doing ground floor stuff.

Funny about the 6mm microbore really some seem to get away with it and some have real probs. I did and swapped to the 8mm and found the difference well worth it.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:05:04 am »

Are you sure about £68.00 for a 400 ltr tank? I think you must have missed the 1 off of the front. 

Ah yes I messed that up, thanks.

You will need some hose to go from your tank to pump and pump to reel as well and a couple of connectors for the hose to the pump in and out.

Is that just normal hose with hoselock connectors? (Just any garden centre?) Can you tell me roughly what I need in that regard? It's the blanks that need to be filled in my head.

I thought you don't need an extra hose from pump to reel? Because you are taking the reel out of the van everytime, so I would use the reel hose for that? so I just need a microbore to hoselock kit?

Also you have missed out a strainer to go between tank and pump (Essential) They are £6 or £7. Gardiners do the tank outlets and Pure Freedom do the pump connectors and strainers. PF also do DI units for £21.00 with no extra carriage if you get one with your RO. Also they dont publish tank prices but I know they are very cheap for them so worth asking them for a price.

I reckon its hobsons choice about the powering the pump. I prefer the leisure battery route myself but either should do the job for you.

Thanks for those tips, I'll probably initially go with just the car battery to save some cost. I will get the DI unit from PF, and I'll ask for a good price on a tank with them.

I was thinking about getting a small pole as well, didn't know for certain I could use the big pole for that.

Added this to the list. :

3m Pole Carrier                  : £59.94

Strainer

12ft extender fibre glass pole inc. Vikan + Gooseneck   : £90
+ EZ-Snap tail and protecta ball + Flow control valve pk (G)

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated. :)

stephen d

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:42:10 am »
what is pure freedoms web site or contact details,cheers steve

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »
Google is your friend.  :)

http://www.freedomwfp.co.uk/

JM123

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 05:27:48 pm »
I'd definitely recommend a 3x4ft extender. Put one of Gaz's brushes on it (swivel) for the best brush pole combo ever
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 06:08:20 pm »
I'd definitely recommend a 3x4ft extender. Put one of Gaz's brushes on it (swivel) for the best brush pole combo ever

Oh? What's so special about that brush? It swivels? That's.....I've never heard of that lol. Does that make a big difference in easy of cleaning? Why is it so good? :)

You will need some hose to go from your tank to pump and pump to reel as well and a couple of connectors for the hose to the pump in and out.

Is that just normal hose with hoselock connectors? (Just any garden centre?) Can you tell me roughly what I need in that regard? It's the blanks that need to be filled in my head.

I thought you don't need an extra hose from pump to reel? Because you are taking the reel out of the van everytime, so I would use the reel hose for that? so I just need a microbore to hoselock kit?

If anyone can answer that question ^ It would be very much appreciated.

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 06:12:15 pm »
Don't forget the resin ,would be a shame if you ordered all those and then no resin. ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 06:18:41 pm »
Make sure that you have all the connectors for the plumbing so that the stuff can fit together otherwise you'll have a load of components that will just sit there and do nothing.

Simon

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:56 pm »
Make sure that you have all the connectors for the plumbing so that the stuff can fit together otherwise you'll have a load of components that will just sit there and do nothing.

Simon

Yea, that was my question, can anyone help me with that? I have no clue how many or what type go between components.

Don't forget the resin ,would be a shame if you ordered all those and then no resin. ;)

np, I won't forget that. :)

Tim Morton

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 10:11:17 pm »
Just a thought, I assume you're thinking of mounting your 300gpd ro in your van? If so, I'd reccomend that you consider getting a couple of 210L water butts or if you have the space a 1000L IBC and a submersible pump with 1"-2" transfer hose, that way you set up your Ro at home to use as a static ro setup.
That way you'll always have plenty of pure water if you needed to fill up twice in one day.

Just my 2 pence worth

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:09 am »
Just a thought, I assume you're thinking of mounting your 300gpd ro in your van? If so, I'd reccomend that you consider getting a couple of 210L water butts or if you have the space a 1000L IBC and a submersible pump with 1"-2" transfer hose, that way you set up your Ro at home to use as a static ro setup.
That way you'll always have plenty of pure water if you needed to fill up twice in one day.

Just my 2 pence worth

Tim

Yea, I do have that option now, but don't really have it when I move out of my parents house in the near future.  :-\

If somebody pleaaase can answer the question below. Thanks!

If anyone can answer that question ^ It would be very much appreciated.

russ_clark

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 07:37:42 am »
How are you running the hose out from the van ??

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 08:48:05 am »
How are you running the hose out from the van ??

What options are there? Isn't the most sensible one to take the whole reel out of the van?

russ_clark

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 08:55:38 am »
yes thats what I do
My outlet hose from the pump is run through a floor grommet on the van floor and under the vehicle and attached to the rear towing eye just under the rear bumper. Its secured there by a couple of cable ties .I then have a connector on that end of the hose.
When I pull the hose reel from the van i then have a small (2-3meter )piece of hose that connects to the hosereel one end and the connector under the bumper.You can then lock the van and work away from it.
Hopethat makes sense as I typed it quick as I am running out the door.
Russ

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 05:34:24 pm »
Ah I see, isn't it easier though to take the whole reel to the back? Purely thinking about rolling off the hose? Otherwise you have to pull it off, and some ornaments may be in the way, or other stuff.

russ_clark

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:40:53 pm »
yes thats a perk of wfp
my way is not to lug the reel around
we just take care with our trailing hoses
and make sure we put some warning signs out.
If you want to lug it around that is up to you
but you will still have a hose trailing back to the van

Russ

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 07:40:53 pm »
yes thats a perk of wfp
my way is not to lug the reel around
we just take care with our trailing hoses
and make sure we put some warning signs out.
If you want to lug it around that is up to you
but you will still have a hose trailing back to the van

Russ

Wow, I'm picturing customers houses in front of me, and the hose that way would be all over their garden, knocking everything down. Because aren't you in fact pulling the hose from where you are standing? Or do you take the hose off for how much you need it? Only way I can see it work really.