This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lynngc

A FIVER
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:13:37 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE fellow members, can you please donate just a fiver (£5.00) it's for red nose day

to donate your much treasured donation please click on the link as follows and get your plastic ready.

www.scsf.co.uk

on the home page there is a link

god i love you guys XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx  thank you

one last thing guys, can those  who donate, please sign your name on this thread.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

need a cleaner

Re: A FIVER
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:34 am »
done

need a cleaner

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:43:15 am »
Go on ppl for the sake and the spirit of charity why not go today without 1 or 2 pints and donate that value to the charity ;)

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:45:49 am »
Hi

How do you know the money will go on what it should do?

What if your money goes on administration costs, or heating their offices, or maybe it goes on food and needed medicine but then of course the convoy gets hijacked and that aid now goes to supply the rebels who are killing innocent people and chopping their arms off in a genocide massacre, which you funded?

Just a thought.

Regards

Martin 8)

aderyn06

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 04:02:22 pm »
or for those who have doubts where your money may go why not buy some toys and take them to your local women's refuge for the kids who stay there for a while..god only knows what they have seen.sure toys won't make them forget but even if it helps for those minutes they are playing with them it's worth it.
just a thought

we though have given to C.R. too and hopefully the money does get to where it's supposed to.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 05:44:03 pm »
Hey there,
Being from Africa I can assure you that I have personally seen the results of the money that is raised with red nose days - it's all good ! and brings great joy to those that need it....
Claire

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:01 pm »
Hey there,
Being from Africa I can assure you that I have personally seen the results of the money that is raised with red nose days - it's all good ! and brings great joy to those that need it....
Claire

Well said Claire! Check out Lynn`s link at www.scsf.co.uk  you might find the other usefull info you were looking for!  ;)

davey c

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:36:01 pm »
no thanks charity begins at home.
better luck tommorow.......

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 03:26:50 pm »
I've seen these posts on 3 other forums,.. and CIU is the only one with people saying it's a bad thing!!
I agree that a few quid will never fix the problems,... but it'll help a little.
And £5 in Africa will help a lot more people than £5 in the UK will.
If you want something for your £5 though,.. I believe a charity auction will be beginning shortly, with "Prizes" donated by Admin at some of the independent forums.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 08:59:35 pm »
I hope no one offering negative comments on this tread intends to watch comic relief on Friday.
The idea is that they entertain you and you donate - if you don't donate then you've no busniness watching the show.
I'll be giving my usual £50

The Great One

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 10:47:03 am »
Hi

I agree and I won't be watching.

Millions will be raised (and also be taxed) this shows the Government that we can afford more taxes as we can afford to donates million straight out of our pockets.

For all those that do donate please don't moan that taxes are too high, you can afford it!

Regards

Martin 8)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 02:13:51 pm »

paul bruce

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 02:19:21 pm »
No fear of me watching it either.Programme full of fat cats with millions in their bank accounts asking us to put our hands in our already heavily taxed pockets.
Our goverment has pledged millions of pounds of our money to help schools in Pakistan,what about our own schools?
These days most charities have 100k per year chief executives and marketing consultants earning mega bucks.   
  :-[

heritagecleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 05:59:25 am »
That's the good thing about CR though - funded by volunteers and no high paid executives. All the money get's through. That's why I like it.

The Great One

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:58 am »
Hi

Actually that is not totally correct.

Not everybody who works for the charities are volenteers.

The Executives are paid and paid very well. Also Charities are taxable by the Government. All aid has to be flown into the country and then taken in by truck also. It gets stolen by workers and hijacked by rebels and is used to help fund war.

Your money is given with all the best intentions and it would be great if every penny was given in aid but sadly it is not. They also have massive headquarters which have to be maintained, heated and lighted.

Same for the Church.

They have Billions invested in foriegn markets (they lost £800 Million on the last big crash) they have billions in property and land. yet we are asked to dig deep to save the roof, floor, walls etc

Sorry, no.

Regards

Martin 8)