Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetguy

Re: how good is a CFR
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 05:41:54 pm »
I don't do malice Damian, but I do get a bit frustrated when someone refuses to accept, that someone else might know more than they do, particularly, when the someone else has extensive experience and understanding of the subject, being debated.

I hope you realise I'm not referring to myself, as the other, someone !!!!!!!!!!!

rob

Damian

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 05:44:52 pm »
Who then?? ??? Just jessin ;)

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Liahona

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 05:58:52 pm »
Damian, you have a flat tyre.  Best, Dave.

Damian

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 06:06:27 pm »
Dave

Well spotted that man! A very good eye for detail! Didnt know til i went sideways on a country road on way home-ended up rolling it off the rim! haha oh well. She is a good old gal that has given me many good years service and i wont let her go-had her from new. again well spotted Dave.

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

paul wright

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2007, 10:22:01 am »
damian , it could do with a clean as well lol ;)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2007, 10:54:18 am »
Damian

It's not about power, it's about physics and engineering. Using the logic that you have shown of more cfm = drier, then your Fireblade should be faster than an 800cc M1 ::)

Different tools are designed to work in different ways. Some claim that a little bit of Teflon on the end of their wands produces drier carpets without any increase in cfms. That's down to physics and engineering. I have spoken to people who tell me that even their T/Ms and portables clean and dry better with a Wonder Wand. That's down to physics and engineering. I'm going to try one of these for myself.

46 Rules 8)

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

carpetguy

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:09 am »
I think he should have got the message by now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good analogy Ken and nice to see so many previous, experienced and knowledgeable posters re-appearing on this forum.

Damian...........being a perfectionist, can be a handicap, at times, tends to cloud the eyes and dull the hearing..........I'm sure you're too intelligent, to think the comments on forums, are meant to be taken personally.

At 61, I'm still learning and try to keep an open mind.

rob

Steve Carpenter

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2007, 12:11:59 pm »
Hi Ken,

When the Wonder Wand was introduced alongside the twin vac CFR machines, I’d noticed a loss of rinsing ability on heavily soiled carpets when using it. I’d been cleaning trashed carpet and only needed to make 1-2 rinse passes with the standard roller wand. When using the Wonder Wand I had to make 4-5 passes to restore a pre-soiled appearance. Also, streaking was evident on some heavily soiled carpets.

Whereas the standard wand at the time was fitted with 3 x 015 nozzles the Wonder Wand was fitted with 3 x 01 nozzles. This in effect according to CFR enabled constant ‘contact’ rinsing of 500 psi, however this reduction in nozzle size also reduced water flow and in my opinion reduced its rinsing effectiveness.

I brought this to both the main distributor and manufacturers attention at the time but it fell on deaf ears. To me it was an issue that I couldn’t ignore, so I suggested to customers and also to distributors that had encountered the problem to upgrade to 3 x 015 nozzles when using the wand with a CFR or HP Portable and 3 x 02 nozzles when used with a truckmount (to compensate for increased vacuum performance).

This resolved the issue, so it’s worth looking into if you go down that route.

Cheers

Steve   

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2007, 12:14:39 pm »
Thanks Steve

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

brights cleaning

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2007, 01:30:11 pm »
what the hell is a CFR machine
i'm totally lost when people talk about them
and what does CFR stand for?

carpetguy

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2007, 02:06:23 pm »
Are you serious Colin ?

Constant Flow (at the wand ) Recycling, ( of the water / chemical )

They've been around for at least a decade and the subject of much debate...........as many can't get their head round the concept of recycling the cleaning fluid, but, as you will have gathered from the comments, the system works extremely well and allows you to dwell on heavily soiled areas without soaking.

rob

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2007, 02:52:55 pm »
wow that took some reading 

ive seen people banging on about clean offs

well wheres the resuts at ? surly they would spk for themselfs ?
who won what,  who as last ect ect

carpetguy

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2007, 03:16:35 pm »
1ST.......

Dave / Liahona, has the male ( testosterone ) problem, reckoning that "big is best"no matter what, unlike some others, who believe in technique and quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been " clean offs "over the years, sometimes, with surprising results, eg, I heard of one a couple of years ago, when a Rotary apparently achieved superior results over a t/m, something, many will find hard to accept........

Derek

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2007, 04:41:23 pm »
I was there  ;D

carpetguy

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 04:55:18 pm »
Which "there" Derek, the one I.m referring to with the rorary was'nt Tex', or D/F, it was a normal rotary, with a rather special " in my opinion "product, fron Spartanburg, accross the pond.

rob

Derek

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 05:02:44 pm »
The one I saw was an OP machine...on the day out performed all the others.. I have to admit I was surprised

carpetguy

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 05:42:20 pm »
As I said Derek, there are many who would find it very difficult to accept the results, even if they were there and witnessed a positive result.

Was the event you saw in the US ?

ROB

brights cleaning

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2007, 06:13:28 pm »
thanks for that carpet Guy. but never used one
now you've explained what CFR  stands for, i get it
 ??? ??? ??? ???

Mike Halliday

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2007, 06:45:30 pm »
Rob, if you're talking about Argosheen from spartenburg, I used to import it and could get amazing results, it could compete with a t/m on some occasions, but not all the time.

I've got a delivery coming across this week from ArgoCo (50 argobonnets)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2007, 08:43:26 pm »
The fact that Argosheen stunk the house out of a solvent type smell is irrelivant.

Shaun