This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve k

Re: Window Cleaner Injured
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 05:27:23 pm »
most policies will only pay after 30 days as people would be claiming for colds and minor ailments.
If you broke your arm, then it would appear obvious you are going to be out a while so you would contact the insurers, get the claim in place and from day 31, you are getting £1200 a month (or whatever your cover is) until your doctor signs you fit for work or 12 months...whichever comes first.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 05:30:55 pm »
i have a policy with someone that even if i twist a ankle and signed of for two days they pay out. its not as much as £1200 a month but its still £200 a week.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 05:31:31 pm »
Steve,

I think for peace of mind, 26 quid is a small price to pay.

And at least you wouldn't have to go chasing the money up either.

Don't forget life insurance though either; it's cheap to buy; if you're healthy and you're not going to leave your family in the lurch if you snuff it suddenly.

The window cleaner we had a 'whip round' for who died didn't have any and by the sounds of it, his missis was struggling.

Funerals aren't cheap either!  I've just coughed up for one.

borg

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 06:24:19 pm »
it could have been me or RO sheen ...so easily.
I am no risk taker and feel my ladder skills are fine...but a moments lack of attention nearly cost me dearly last week.

A payment protection paln should be considered by us all.
I have one from payprotect which will pay out £1200 per month after 30 days for up to 12 months. It costs me £26 per month.
i had a payment protction i fell and broke my wrist phoned them up staight away they sent all the forms out filled them in and they said that they would not take the claim untill all the forms was filled out which took about 2-3 weeks becouse i never filled the forms out right i got 2 weeks money out of them i was of for about 5 weeks. can you give me there No steave.

Borg,  your policy sounds similar to Steve's!

If you were off work for five weeks, that's 35 days.  Steve said his policy only coughs up after 30 days. 

In this instance you would've only received five days worth of payment.
sorry forgot 2 say it pays out after 4 days .just an other con i think.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 07:03:00 pm »
Steve,

Funerals aren't cheap either!  I've just coughed up for one.

Sorry to hear that Tosh. Close friend or relative?
It's a game of three halves!

steve k

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:19:30 am »
I have a £100k life insurance which I got when I was 21.. ;) £10 a month still  ;D

It sounded a fortune then but it is buttons now really ???

got it for the wife at the same time and hers was £10.50 amonth for the same cover.
I will have to increase the cover for us both I think...

rosskesava

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 11:21:58 pm »
How the accident happened:

The window cleaner concerned fell while cleaning windows while standing on a 14" wide stone window sill on the 1st floor of a Victorian building having gained access via a ladder onto a small suface area above a shop front or hairdressors or some other business underneath.

For those who know the area, it was near the floral clock in Hove.

Cheers

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.