Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulchambers

Coffee Stain
« on: July 30, 2004, 10:59:39 pm »
Got a carpet next wednesday only 250 sq ft but has a large coffee stain right in the middle of the room about 2ft in diameter it was a whole coffee pot they have tried and used one of the oxi cleaners and rubbed dish washer liquid in it. Have advised no promises what i would like to know is the chemicals they used going to be a problem the stain is about 3 months long  paul

Re: Coffee Stain
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 11:06:02 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOPS :o
Promise nothing and get a waiver signed before you start trying to impress.............just in case. ::)
Coffee Stain Remover or oxidise......as a last resort but it sounds GRIM

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 11:07:39 pm »
Thanks  cant imagine why they tried dish washer liquid

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 11:42:57 pm »
Paul,

Heed Chris's warning, but if you are going to try, start with a cold, plain water extraction.

Since a cocktail of chemicals has already been added to the coffee you must not add further without this innitial flush.

Next I would try something like B144 Stainpro before moving on to reducing agents. Flush out again.

Prochem Coffee Stain Remover would be the next step, and the last resort would be one of the sodium metabisulphite- based products.

Having said this, the chances of sucess have been reduced first by the fact that the full pot of coffe was undoubtably very hot and the quantity would mean that the heat was retained for some time. The likelihood that the dye-sites of the fibres have been opened to permit ingress of the coffee pigments is high.

Secondly, the DIY disaster would, in itself, likely have set the stain permanently.

John.

paulchambers

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 12:06:47 am »
Thanks i will rinse with cold water first didnt think of that   paul