Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ISM_CLEANING

Restoration brush- fusioneers
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:21:43 pm »
Hi all,

I recently purchased the dry fusion system, and would like to ask anybody else that uses dry fusion about the restoration brush,

Whenever i use it ,which so far is only a couple of times i find the machine wants to pull to the right all the time.

Is this normal ?

also trying to use it on low profile carpet seems difficult and it seems to want to keep stopping.

are there any tips out there for using it.

other than this i have no problems with it and it is already paying for itself, and happy customers .

A sound investment.

Ian Mckenzie

Ken Wainwright

Re: Restoration brush- fusioneers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 08:56:14 pm »
hi Ian

I don't have one of these brushes myself, so I'll speak in general terms.

Firstly, the recommendation from Dry Fusion UK is not to use them on low profile tiles as the benefit is minimal. Stick to pads.

As for the machine pulling to the right.  I use a normal rotary machine with a dense polypropylene scrubbing brush. There can be more drag and torque reaction compared with a pad. I suspect it may be a case of refining your technique. After start up, relax your grip a little on the handles. Gently push the handle down to move the machine to the left to find the optimum balance point, or lift the handle up to move to the right. These should also be the only movements you require to move your machine left or right. Try adjusting the handle height  as the brush may be thicker than a combined drive plate and pad, so the machine is now higher.  On Flotex type carpet, any rotary brush machine will be a vicious beast. Other low profiles less so to varying degrees.

Safe and happy Fusioneering:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

ISM_CLEANING

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 12:21:51 am »
Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply, I think what you said about the change in machine height maybe the main factor, I have used a rotary machine on a regular basis for a good few years now but have never really come across this problem, with regard to the lighter grip I did actually try this when it first happened but it seemed to accentuate the problem.

I have tried the brush on my carpet at home and it seems better so perhaps  better used on domestics or such like.

I am sure i will crack it but thanks again for your input.

I would certainly recommend a brush just for its ability to raise the pile on matted carpets.

Ian

cleanmac

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 12:01:39 am »
Not enough prespray might be your problem,also start with a damp brush.
You should be able to do anti clockwise ovals,and still be in comfortable control with that machine.