Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

conallon

PROmite tm
« on: July 27, 2004, 01:53:41 am »
any info/advice welcome, is this product realy capable of eliminating dust mites and preventing re infestation of soft furnishings ??? if not are they any products available what can do the above wich are operator and customer friendly in a domestic situation ???

George@Multimaster

Re: PROmite tm
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 07:00:56 pm »
I am not especially familiar with any of the many commercial miticide treatments that are available, and so make no comment about PROmite or any other product.

Mites have been living with humans for thousands of years and have so far resisted everything we have tried to get rid of them!
The mite population thrives in warm and humid conditions - hence their love of beds! I am generally against the widespread use of of miticides and insecticides in the home, they do have their uses, of course, for control of massive populations and in acute situations.
Most of those who are concerned about these creatures are already suffering with a sensitivity or even an allergic reaction to the mites' faeces - these are the very people I would be very wary of exposing to any pesticide at all, let alone their bed where they will be spending 8 hours a night in close contact to your chemicals!
My advice would be to explain that the best control method is good hygiene - including airing the bedroom, bedding and regular vacuuming of all areas including mattresses with a very good quality vacuum and HePa filters. If the infestation has been quite high then the use of steam and vacuum by a professional cleaning company will reduce the burden to manageable levels - ensuring that the area is properly dry after cleaning etc.

There is no easy solution if people will not reduce the humidity and warmth of the environment during the day, whether you use a pesticide or not.

I also recommend that you and your staff read and understand the MSDS information on any pesticide that you use, you will be exposed to potentially high dose levels during application if safeguards are not used, and these may themselves lead to skin, eye or respiratory reactions themselves.
Good Luck.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 08:51:13 pm »
A good reply from George. I would just like to add that of the protector/ dust mite eliminators available Promite is at least probably as good and likely better than some others. So if thats what you are looking for you cant go far wrong with it. It has also been approved by the British Allergy Foundation, for what its worth.
I think if you read articles on the menace of the house dust mite, carpets are not as infested with them as most people think. The carpet is not the place where they live and so its unlikely that the carpets are causing any major problem. They live and breed and do most of their business in the bed mattress, pillows and bedding, and its these places that we spend at lot of time in close proximety to the possible cause of Asthma and other Alergy triggers. If someone is a sufferer surely these are the places that require the first specific action.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

conallon

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 01:19:22 am »
thanks for replys fellos, already offering chemical alternative cleaning products to my customers was considering pesticides as another string to my bow, article i read reckons you could eat food of carpet after cleaning "wouldnt fancy trying it though"  ;D