Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Ashbys Steammate
« on: July 26, 2004, 11:07:58 am »
this goes up to 110 degrees whis is above boiling piont,  to purify water you boil it to get rid of impurities

so does'nt the steammate  also filter out the detergent that you''ve mixed in the water, it will just coat the inside of the element until the temp' goes down, then the filtered chemical is redeposited back into the solution increasing its strengh.

if you're using the steamate at full then there's no reason to put detergent ( or acid) in your solution, it will just be coating the element.

Mike (1 of 2) ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dynafoam

Re: Ashbys Steammate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 12:42:33 pm »
Hi Mike,

Water purification by boiling:

Maintaining boiling temperature for sufficient time will kill most bacteria in the water - other impurities will remain.

To remove impurities such as detergent, distillation is required. The steam from the water is collected and condensesd to 'distilled water'.  The impurities remain in the undistilled water.

Within the Steamate the only (incomplete) distilation that takes place is the condensation within the expansion chamber, and this water is no longer part of the solution run.

The water within the Steamate does not boil even at 110 C due to the pressure within the unit but turns to steam only when it exits the jets into atmospheric pressure.

John.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 03:41:46 pm »
By-eck that was a good answer!

anyhow I still would'nt buy one because I hear they are unreliable ;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Alex

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 04:50:42 pm »
Hi Mike,

I've got myself a streammate and I use it on most jobs, I think it's a great little unit but I can only comment on mine which as yet (touch wood) hasn't broken down. 10 months old!

Alex

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 07:45:56 pm »
Just as well......saves Martin having that 'stunned and can't help' expression that i have had in the past ::)

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 12:00:15 am »
Mike,

I dare say your diesel burner is more reliable, but I know whick I would rather lift on & off  the van  ;D

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 12:13:38 am »
Though I have not got one, mine inbuilt never a problem coming up to four years old.

Alex
You’ve on got 8 months to go then it’s out of warranty.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Alex

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 08:17:10 pm »
Len,

How do you rate the inbuilt version, I'm thinking of buying a second one.

Alex

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 09:57:55 pm »
Alex

As I said I have never had a problem just saying it’s bound to pack up.  When I use which is not often now, I only use it with one hose as I’d found with two it’s a bit lacking.

Your be surprised what a versatile machine my Ninja is, have steamed cleaned wife’s engine bay on car, cleaned out cleaned out filters on my pond and sorted out blocked drains plus more.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Alex

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 12:14:13 am »
bloody hell and it's still going strong, money well spent with Ashby's.

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 12:34:20 am »
Alex

I may abuse it whilst on a job it’s making me money, but then I looked after it afterwards as it will make more money, yes a very good machine, but there are others out there, if looked after.

Len