This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trimanyellow

HOSE PRESSURE
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »
Can anyone help???

Today i fitted a 250ltr tank into the back of my van and connected this up to my freedom trolley.

from the trolley i connected up to a hose reel which has 100m of 6mm micro bore yellow hose.

The problem is when i switch on the varistream controller keeps switching on and off repeatedly. at first i thought there must be a blockage and checked everything out to find nothing.

The pump is a 100psi shurflo  and the battery is a new large 12volt one so i would of thought that would be enough power.

When i totally laid out the whole 100m of hose along the road and the switched on the water did start flowing without stopping but the pressure was low. So then i thought if i cut the hose down from 100m to 50m that would reduce the friction thus increasing the flow. No that didnt work either.

Only thing i can think of is the pumps not powerful enough and the varistream controller senses it and cuts the power.????

Havent got a clue basically is there anyone that can give me some advice ??

Many Thanks

H h20

Re: HOSE PRESSURE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:32:06 pm »
You will need to adjust the little blue dial inside the varistream,because you have added 100m of microbore it has alterd the setting,use a small screwdriver to adjust  it so it turns on and off as you require,
Gaz

trimanyellow

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:06:22 pm »
cheers gaz will have a go still not too sure what im doing.

so i need to take the varisream controller apart then to access this blue dial??

H h20

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:42:36 pm »
Yes unscrew the front and on the circiut board there is a little blue dial with letters on it, using a small screwdriver very slowly adjust it so when you connect your pole to start the water flow,you want it so the pump kicks in when you connect it and stops when you disconnect it,
Gaz

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:32:48 pm »
on the dial setting a is most sensitive and p or whatever is least sensitive. I needed setting b with tricoflex and h with 100m microbore. Try h.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 04:59:11 pm »
I had probs when I changed from a 175 to a 400L tank.

This worked for me:-

On the 175L tank I would set the varistream to about 2 O clock
On the 400 it produced the symptoms you had so I eased it back to 12 O clock and it worked fine. Then gradually I turned it up to the point where it stopped "throttling" itself (1 O clock) and its fine.

However I do find that for no apparent reason throughout the day I occasionally have to adjust it. By easing off and coming back up to the best pressure.

It can be frustrating at times this wfp lark! ;D

It's a game of three halves!

DASERVICES

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 05:35:42 pm »
I had a scenario yesterday where my pump was going on and off, my first thought was duff battery so changed connections to spare battery and it resolved the problem. After work went and bought new battery.

Come today same problem so £40 down the drain, then remebered thread on another forum about burnt out wires. Yip my live wire was black so changed connections and problem resolved.

You learn something new every day,.

Doug

trimanyellow

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 02:13:31 pm »
Many thanks guys for all your input on this subject.

The problem is now sorted thanks to you.

This forum is great and so are the people that use it.

MANY THANKS