Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Harry

Computerized carpet cleaning
« on: July 23, 2004, 12:07:08 am »

For those of you that are thinking about this, I am seeing more of this in North America, lately.

On board Computers are also useful for getting directions to each job and for looking up past work history with the customer at hand.  
Estimates can be printed out in the van and presented to your client. Will surely make you look so much smarter than you actually are  ;D

Being hooked up to a GPS system can also be arranged
for the truly directionally challenged.

Note the phone beside the monitor, Jasonb no doubt has a shoe phone in his Citreon.  :D
Leatherwright Seminars

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Computerized carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 12:34:15 am »
I saw that the other day, very impressed with the nickable items in his van, Len when you go to states get me one!

A very good friend of mine used to advertise computerised carpet cleaning in one of his adverts, it was an old Alltec or Ashcombe machine with a digital front showing the psi and vac gauges, innotive to say the least!

Shaun  

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 12:36:28 am »
Harry

I have a nav system great but some road in darkest Kent doesn’t show.

I’m in the states in two weeks will be checking other cc/pw there,

Citroen that French ant it, I’m into French with some customers!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 12:38:34 am »
dont speak to me about the Frech Len >:(

My gps is my A-Z ;D
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Harry

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 12:50:40 am »
Shaun , you must lurk on some of the US boards where I post under various names...long sad story of my struggles with computers.

Len, I'm from Tonbridge, Kent, I guess it went to the dogs since I left.  :)

Just cover the stuff when in clients house and remove at the end of the day. With wireless you can also log on here while stuck in traffic.

Leatherwright Seminars

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 01:06:10 am »
Taking orders what do you want? It has to small so to fit in a suitcase.

Never had a problem in France only ever speak to English speaking people German. Dutch, Belgium’s etc, but I can tango with the French if needed.

Yes Harry I would not advertise where you come from Tonbridge slumming at bit TW would be more appropriate

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Harry

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 01:11:32 am »
That bad, huh?

Actually from Hildenborough nearby, had an aunt in Frant, outside T Wells.

Is Sidcup in the posh part of Kent ?

Leatherwright Seminars

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 01:42:07 am »
I’m not saying is it posh where I live but don’t have many problems, now you have changed to Hildenborough I would not like to walk it to Tonbridge centre

Len

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 11:29:25 am »
Len,
Get the hang of the indicators before you start putting more electronic gizmos in the van ;D