This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poles apart

B & Q Pole
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:20:13 pm »
Bought a pole from B&Q yesterday. Don't bother with their window cleaning range get a decorators pole. 5 metre Harrisons pole, better quality and only £15!
I've been using a 3m for over a year and it's great. Doesn't stick and it's in daily use.
Rod

ben783

Re: B & Q Pole
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:23:00 pm »
Being new to the game, whar do you use the pole for ? Trad upstairs

Ben

poles apart

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:16:07 pm »
No I fitted a brush to it and use it waterfed.

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:32:32 pm »
which pole was it? unger style locking collars or the yellow fibreglass with red button? I've tried the latter and found it did'nt last too long before it stuck or would'nt lock. I noticed the other day in b&q they have grey ones with twist locking collars, is that what you got? may get one if theyre good
Simon

poles apart

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:34:49 pm »
It was the grey one with the twist lock collars.
Rod

mike richardson

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:40:23 pm »
did you run a hose up the middle of the pole or just have the hose on the outside, what brush do they fit?

KarlJones

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 11:19:20 pm »
On the subject of B&Q, they seemed to have dropped all things Ettore, inc solution.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

ronaldo

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 08:53:23 am »
On the subject of B&Q, they seemed to have dropped all things Ettore, inc solution.

I noticed this the other day to i went in to get some squeege off and all they where selling was B&Q own brand.
I asked one of the assistants where it had gone and he told me they stopped having it as it kept getting pinched.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

KarlJones

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 11:05:56 am »
so its got nothing to do with selling crappy chinease stuff for the same prices?

I can not complain, at least it stops customers from buying the same quality gear :D
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

davidpitts

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:59:41 pm »
Just bought one of these poles, I thought the universal angle adapter would screw straight on but unfortunatley it doesnt . I wondered what you use to fasten your brush to the pole, thanks Dave

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »
Just bought one of these poles, I thought the universal angle adapter would screw straight on but unfortunatley it doesnt . I wondered what you use to fasten your brush to the pole, thanks Dave
you can get around that problem by tapering the plastic end of the pole a bit more with a knife, then drill 2 small holes opposite each other on the end of the adapter, push it as far on as you can and secure through the holes you drilled with 2 self tapping screws.
Simon

davidpitts

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »
Thanks Simon it worked a treat, I am going to try it tommorrow it
                                          Thanks Dave           

cybersye

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:31 pm »
cool, glad to have been of help ;)

poles apart

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 10:35:58 pm »
I've got one of Gaz's brushes on my 3m pole. Not sure what I'm going to put on this one yet. Hose runs up the outside.
Rod

cybersye

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 10:51:14 pm »
Thanks for posting that Rod, had a look today, gonna make myself up one on the weekend.
Simon