Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Mc Anulty

Dry Fusion Is it worth it
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »
 I have recently been offered a Dry Fusion system second hand. The person is looking £1 000 for the complete system which includes approx 15 litres of activator.

Fortunately he has given it to me for a few weeks to try out. I have tried it out so far on two commercial carpets and the results were brilliant. (I had recently cleaned these carpets with a HWE results were just ok) The time was also greatly reduced.

While everything seems to be looking o k I am sure there are downsides.

The activator is also costing £125 + VAT for 25 litres, Does this sound right?

Cheers
Neil

woodman

Re: Dry Fusion Is it worth it
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:55:46 pm »
Hi

First thing to do will be to check the serial number on the machine through DF just to make sure everything is in order ;)

I have also checked out getting a system from DF and looked into it over a period of month.I got a demo clean done which was very good and then looked to purchase a commercial system.

The cost for new is over £3500 and I must admit I thought this was a bit steep considering what you can get along the same lines elswhere.Also the claim about
stainblockers in with the solution was a concern but despite this I decided to commit to a new system, so I rang them to order one and discuss payment leaving my name and number with the office, I then rang again and again and again over a period of two weeks.

No one seemed able to take an order it was always some elses job who would, guess what, ring back.

Any way I gave up and have now ordered a Texatherm System.

If all's kosher and you can get the system for £1000 then take it it's a very good deal. ;)

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:22:11 pm »
Hi Woodman

Sorry but you don't know me, I'm one of those who read the goings on but don't get involed.(also a mate of Len's)Well that says it all really.

About your NEW Texatherm system, How much?? And how you getting on with it.
I'm thinking of going down the same road.

Kevin   :P
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

cleanmac

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 09:56:17 pm »
The Woodman was  close to getting a very very good deal on a dryfusion system recently.

Due to a rather cavalier attitude on my side,unfortunatly, he missed out.

Sorry again Trev. ;)

David

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 11:09:27 pm »
Kev

Woodman (Trevor) dose know you! Remember the rug at Watford.

Don’t forget to take your phone or call forward it to mine ;D

Trevor you say commercial system? They do two types ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

woodman

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 07:06:28 pm »
Hi Guys

Have used the Texatherm for the first time today on a golf club locker room carpet that had previously cleaned by TM (I took some pictures but I don't know how to put them on here :-[)

The secretary of the club said they have never looked better and of course dry in 30 minutes.

Len: Dry Fusion do a domestic or a commercial package it's just that the commercial has more pads and a restoration block and of course costs more.

Hi Kev: sorry but being a mate of Lens is no recommendation ;D next you'll be telling me you support Millwall as well.
Obviously very early days with the System but first impressions are good.It cost me £2600 for their version of the commercial package which included the stair roto as well ( you can do with out this it's just that I'm lazy)

Having said all that if the deal had gone through with David (which was no ones fault ;)) I would now be a fusioneer.

Come to think of it does that mean that I am now a Texathermer :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 10:36:03 pm »
Trevor

Kev’s away in Cornwell now and yes he dose support Millwall.

On a serious note we both had a demo in Croydon and were both impressed with the Tex system, but would both like to see it in a real life scenario, any chance of a meet with Kev and I, as I said he’s away next week and then I am the following week, it’s great having a backup for old customers who have problems.

If you are free Monday night 1800h as I have an estate agent to clean was doing it tonight now one was able to stay to lock up.

Posting Picture thought they would make it easy, can you e-mail then to me?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

woodman

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 01:14:11 pm »
Hi Len

I'll try and get something arranged ;)

dave washbrook

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 02:55:05 am »
hi nr-neil
 did you buy this dry-fusion machine for £1000.00 if not and it is still for sale please let me know by phone or e-mail 07789114272 or dave@cleaner-carpets.co.uk

thanks
 dave