Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: raining
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:27 pm »
Of course they pay Trevor we know that...we scrub and clean the dirt from the windows when its raining not clean the rain off huh???

macc

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 07:17:34 pm »
Grrrrr!!!!!

We just a nice bright spell and it looked like it had really cleared up.
Feeling guilty, I thought I'd better try and get something done.

3 or 4 windows into the first house it starts again, really nasty sideways rain.
I don't leave jobs half done, so I battled on.

Lady wasn't too pleased, but I offered my apologies and got away with it.

Result? Soaking wet now, and made £8. >:(

Squeaky.

I always leave mine soaking wet rain or sun,  ;D.

Dont get moaned at if its raining,  ;D.

Always get paid,  ;D.

Time to move over to the dark side mate,  ;).

Macc  :-*

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »
Squeaky.

I always leave mine soaking wet rain or sun,  ;D.

Dont get moaned at if its raining,  ;D.

Always get paid,  ;D.

Time to move over to the dark side mate,  ;).
That's down to the customers.

Your's wouldn't moan if I cleaned them.
Mine would moan if you cleaned them.

Makes no difference how they're done, it's up to the customer. ::)

rugby

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 08:59:32 pm »
i agree squeaky, tried taking the advise of others on this forum, "clean in the rain customers wont mind" but found most of them do mind,im wfp but that doesnt seem to make any differance,they dont want it done in the rain, end of.

seanmcshane

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 10:50:22 pm »
new phone line in, ladder stand off arrived, out at 12.30pm in reasonably dry and settled weather.
First job was a gutter clean to include the outsides with WFP. This is a £20 windows job every 4 weeks. A few days ago she balked at my £120 quote all in and to include the windows so we negotiated at £100.
Took me 3 hours but came up really well. She gave me the initial £120 and said I deserved it!
Off then to a 20 minute gutter clean at £40.00. Back home for 4.30pm.

2 more gutters in the morning at £20 and £40 and a 4 hour stint on an estate of leaded houses all done with WFP, rain or shine.

pjulk

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2007, 11:31:27 am »
Im getting like squeeky.
It was raining when i got up this morning.
Just before 10 its stopped so off out i went.
Got halfway through the 1st house and it chucked it down.
Luckily no customer in so i finished the job back home by 10.20 and it stopped
Had a quick coffee

Jumped back in van got 50 yards up the road and down it came again.
And at the moment still raining its like a monsoon.
Still earn't £12  :(

Hopefully it will stop soon as i have loads of work to get done.

Paul

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2007, 03:14:33 pm »
I try to avoid working in the rain, because I don't like getting wet; and if I don't need the money; why bother?

However, if I do need the money, I'll work in the rain and have met very little resistance.  In fact my customers are more sympathetic and I get more offers of hot drinks.

But all that aside, don't you think that during the Summer when it rains as a 'one off' it's better to give that day a miss, but during the Winter, especially given some of the prolonged spells of wet weather we've had, the customer has no cause to complain?

Okay, maybe some won't like it, but you do remove cobwebs (and they're still about), bird poo and the build up of grime.  Not only that, by accepting you cleaning in the rain, they're retaining a good window cleaner.

Other businesses work this way.  Have any of you had a childminder and then went on holiday with your kid(s).  You still pay for the childminder even though she's not looking after your kids.

It's called a retainer.

I'd say if you want to work in the rain, then work.  If a customer moans; drop 'em.

Majestic

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2007, 04:35:45 pm »
How do you go on about paying your staff. At the moment I have been paying mine, but I have told him if this bad weather continues he wont be paid.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:26 pm »
How do you go on about paying your staff. At the moment I have been paying mine, but I have told him if this bad weather continues he wont be paid.

Exactly the reason why we work in the rain!!!!

If you let him go then when the weather is better he may not be around or interested in coming back to work.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

steveaqua

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007, 06:34:54 pm »
this the problem i'm having at the mo, i think I will start to work in the rain soon but i've just taken on a load of new customers and i don't want them to get ped about working in the rain, the more established ones are ok i would of thought

macc

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »
Hi Steve.

I think your better of starting them off how you mean to carry on. I did with mine & it works.

Macc

AuRavelling79

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 10:36:44 pm »
Hi Steve.

I think your better of starting them off how you mean to carry on. I did with mine & it works.

Macc

Yup! Training is what's necessary

Have you noticed - the ones who are prepared to politely and firmly train their customers are the ones that make a financial success from this business?

Train 'em for wfp ... and to send their money ... and to have windows cleaned in the rain ... and anything else you want for your business.

Send them a letter explaining why - accept the few who won't and let them go ... and move onwards and upwards.
It's a game of three halves!

matt

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »
mondays forecast is SUNNY

yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ok i know its a fair way away, but it is, so we can hope

steveaqua

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2007, 11:44:20 pm »
Hi Steve.

Macc
Maybe i'll give it a go, i just picked up a load of new customers tonight, i may send them a letter each explaining...If i lose a load of em on your head so be it Macc  ;) ;D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2007, 07:32:13 am »
Hi Steve.

Macc
Maybe i'll give it a go, i just picked up a load of new customers tonight, i may send them a letter each explaining...If i lose a load of em on your head so be it Macc  ;) ;D

Have a letter with your terms with you when you canvass, when you get a new customer leave them with the letter and explain it face to face. This avoids a customer reading it and thinking oh don't want this and ringing and cancelling.

Face to face is so much easier to explain your terms.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

steveaqua

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2007, 07:44:06 am »
Trevor, don't suppose you have a copy of your terms that you could share do you?

Thanks steve