This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

topcatgym

hello,

Apparently there a sqeegee that almost eliminates wiping down the edges with the scrim. Does anybody know the name?  I know a lot is do with technique but there are times when water is left over.  Somebody told me about this sqeegee but he couldn't remember the name.

thanks,

Tristan

Majestic

This is the one I use

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=14

Its the best I have used so far.

But if you only go up to the black rubber on the window and not all over it , that should cut down your detailing

H h20

OOh,i like the look of that,thanks John i`m going order one,Gaz  ;D

Jago

Unger and do it propper first time
;-)
To Do Is To Dare

Majestic

Gaz
The rubber is not cheap , but its good quality and last longer than most.
The way the rubber fits into the channel makes it a nice tight fit, and cuts down on detailing

gaza

ITS CALLED THE OLD DOG EARING.

CHECCK PREVIOUS POSTS

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Majestic

I dont need to check old post to find out about Dog earing.
With dog earing you just bend the ends of the channel to make it a tight fit, with the Sorbo channel its a tight fit all the way down the channel

Ian_Giles

I've got one of the sorbo handles and channels, but don't particularly like them, the channel is certainly very rigid, but its too bulky for me.

I love the Unger Swivle lock handle and just about any other Channel will do for me, but I think the Ettore brass ones are the best.

For years I haven't really bothered about it, but as I recall, I think the top edge of the channel is fractionally higher than the Unger ones, so it is therefore closer to the edge of the rubber blade in the channel, and even with a very soft rubber, the edge of the rubber doesn't flex or bend quite as much, but it really is only marginal.

Dog earing isn't to hold the rubber in the channel tightly, it actually puts greater pressure on the 'ends' of the channel and rubber, and its this that helps reduce detailing.

To be honest, the more skillful you are, then the less detailing you will have to do.
If you wash to the edges then you will have to do more detailing.

If you only feel comfortable washing right to the edges, then pre-detail using your wet scrim (keep it wrung out though!) A quick whip round and then you should be able to squeegee off the pane without worry of getting runs or needing to 'dry detail'

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

markybop

got 1 of those sorbo squegee's and I dont find it any better to my unger ergotech one that i've "dogeared"...... just my opinion, plus the rubbers for that sorbo one cost an absolute fortune....rip of if you ask me....
splish-splash....give me the cash!

Jeff Brimble

Snap.

scrimit2

a window cleaner near me, saws the ends of the channel, so it is square not curved, he says it says him detailing, i havent tried it myself,

I will have to check out dogearing threads, as ive heard mentioned lots and I should find out what it means