Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

will01

Downdraft dryer
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:01:12 pm »
Hello all:

Has anyone purchased one of these as yet and if so does it dry carpets that much quicker than conventional blowers?.
Their retailing for 345.00GBP on the cleansmart website which seem a bit steep considering they're going for $299.00 on www.powr-flite.com which works out at approx 150GBP!!. RIP OFF BRITAIN!!
Even with delivery you'd still save a substantial amount

Best rgds

Will

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

Re: Downdraft dryer
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:20:37 pm »
A. They're genious ;D. Multi positionable like having several tools in one. I sold my three normal blowers (all rated at 3500 cfm) and bought one of these. Never regretted it! 8)

B. I'm after another one in the spring to dry rugs at the workshop, so thanks for the info about cheap US prices.

Best
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 02:47:03 pm »
Okay
How much is it to ship it from USA
How much is customs duty there is a min   
How much custom clearance                       
How much hand over charge
VAT deferment charge                       

Now we have the blower 115 Volts
How much Upgrade to 220v                                           

Then just to top it all off.What about the warranty issue.

Liahona

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 03:00:28 pm »
Vernon, the how muches is still less than the difference in costs between the two. Especially if you buy a few and not just one. Run them through a transformer and the voltage isnt a problem. Vat, you should be registered for it anyway and if not, why not? As to the warranty, they only break down the week after it runs out so who cares. Best, Dave. P.S. With the dollar as poor as it is for the individual to purchase from the states isnt such a bad idea. Please note though for suppliers to do the same thing isnt so cost affective as they need to make a profit too. So dont beat them up. Again nothing stopping anyone from purchasing anything from another country. I got all my stuff as most people know from the states and saved the best part of 10, 000 pounds in doing so.............

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 03:16:54 pm »
No there is nothing stopping you buying from the USA We have containers coming across all the time. It was just the fact that when you buy 1 blower it is not worth the work in doing so. Some suppliers are charging more than in the USA, but they are there when you need them.

craigp

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 03:45:50 pm »
Hi Dave,

do you have anyone you can recommend with regards buying from states?

Craig

PS. ive bought other non c/c related items from states, its simple you pay by credit card they post you the goods, (i paid no VAT and no other fees of any kind)

our suppliers just like to suggest all these 'problems' for obvious reasons.

Martin_Bignell

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 05:13:56 pm »
My powerflite dryer cost £244.00 from Amtech in Burgess Hill Sussex. That was in January 2006. They are the best thing on the market, no wonder the price has rocketed.
www.amtechuk.biz
Regards, Martin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 01:43:39 pm »
Looking at the site it appears the normal price was $499 dollars so maybee Uk prices are in Line.

Personally I will wait for the factory in China to start making them.

They must have Carpets etc as they do a very good line in Rugs. ;D ;D ;D

Liahona

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:48:36 pm »
Ian, most of the air movers in this country already come from China. You realy think Mr. Saunders gets them from here? Best, Dave.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 02:01:26 pm »
Dave

That where my  Air movers  came from and even at Mr Saunders prices worked out Cheaper.

Dont forget to give me warning next time you are in this area soI can post the boarder Guards.

Looks like the Norfolk defence systen failed. ( The Roads) ;D ;D

Happy New Year