This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Opinions on Flyers please
« on: December 26, 2006, 11:52:15 pm »
Guy's can you give me your opinions, on the words I was going to put on my flyers. good or bad welcome.

Professional  Window Cleaner (Reflections)
                                       Fully Insured

Do you need a reliable, courteous & Professional window cleaner? Who uses the latest Technology?

No
                      Then that’s fine - Thank you for your time

BUT Wait
         1 in 4 window cleaners will give up between now and next march
         So Please, put me somewhere safe, so when you need a reliable                window  cleaner you can contact me on

Mobile all day    077*********
                        Home Evenings  01**********

jeff1

Re: Opinions on Flyers please
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:20:53 pm »
43 views and no opinions, is it that good ;D ;D ;D ;D ???

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:29:00 pm »
Bit of an odd flyer.

I would have stopped reading it at the word NO.

You dont seem to be selling yourself.

What is your source for 1 in 4 window cleaners giving up by March?

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 01:09:36 pm »

Line 1 :   Always in avertising Company name first.

Line 2 :   Too 60's. I would rephrase to something like: " Courteous and reliable window cleaning using latest technology" (You've already used the word "professional" in line 1 so no need to repeat.)

Line 3 : Scrap this negative line completely....it's almost as if you don't expect people to call you!!

Line 4 : "But wait"....again too 60's.

Line 5 :  Few people are interested in window cleaning statistics.

Line 6 :  I'm sorry but I don't see the need for this line either. People either want a w/c or they don't. Those who do (but maybe not just yet) will put the flyer in a drawer for later use. Those who don't will bin it.  Also by using line 6 you can hardly follow up the fliers with a door knocking session.

Lines 7&8 are fine.

KarlJones

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:43:32 pm »
I really do not like the "NO" and "But wait" bits, it sounds a bit like those adds your get on screenshop or something.  I would focus more on name building.  So...

Reflections

Professional Window Cleaning Service

• Fully Insured
  • Latest Technology
  • Extremely Reliable
  • Very Courteous
[/size]
Telephone: 01xxx xxxxxxx
Mobile: 07xxx xxxxxxx
www.mywebsite.com

Please keep this flyer safe
Should you need a window cleaner in the future it is worth a 10% discount on your first clean

To me that just feels better, but I am not an expert on such things.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:30 pm »
All I have on my cards is:

----------
Southern Cleaning Services
WINDOW CLEANING
Domestic & Commercial

For a reliable service contact us on:

Telephone Number
Mobile Number
Email Address
Web Address
----------

It seems to work OK for me.

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 04:37:36 pm »
Thanks guy's,
I Have never had the need to Produce a leaflet and still won't need it for a few weeks/months, but I like to be prepared for when I speed up on my wfp, all the points made will be taken into account and acted on.

Any more ideas will be welcome.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 04:54:36 pm »
what about somthing simple

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 05:03:26 pm »
Include your name and address, it makes a big difference. Otherwise you might be anybody. Customers need to feel you are trustworthy, after all you will be coming round their house - often when they are on their own, peering through their windows etc etc.
Other than that,just keep it simple.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 05:11:33 pm »
Hi Jeff

Just to say that there is an other guy using that type of flyer in  and around the somerset area and to be honest he isn't the most reliable chap
Would you want to be mistaken for him ???
Enough Said !

Andy ;)

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 05:23:19 pm »
Hi Jeff

Just to say that there is an other guy using that type of flyer in  and around the somerset area and to be honest he isn't the most reliable chap
Would you want to be mistaken for him ???
Enough Said !

Andy ;)
Hi Andy its not Marcus is it, He's trying to get work in my area, and he's from Wellington., and thats about 30 miles from me, I know he has a couple of commercials here, that I would like to get my hands on?

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 05:38:11 pm »
Hi jeff
Yes ,He has resently dropped about 2000 leaflet in and around the area .
But only had four or so replys ,
Ive dropped around 10.000 in minehead/ Bridgwater /cotford and Taunton Also Burnham on Sea  and only Had a few replys.
I did that through the local paper and it cost about 800 quid Plus the Printing,
In my opinion not a good way of advertizing???

Where Are you in Somerset?

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 05:48:13 pm »
Hi Andy I'm in Yeovil.

I met him a few weeks back, and he was the one that showed me the wfp system, apart from all the chat about wfp on the forums, to see it in action convinced me to get my own.

I think I'll stick to word of mouth then, and other methods rather than leaflets, if thats the return from them.

Templar

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 07:35:40 pm »
Hi Jeff
And now I'm reading your leaflet CIU thread. Again I am finding this thread very interesting because it is also something that I am working on. Like you rather than go to the downloads I prefer to come up with my own version to start with and then see if anyone can better it.

I liked your leaflet idea, the best criticism was from Simon Knight who I have noticed is very bright, and ordered in his thinking. The 60's stuff was crap though, some great tunes and advertising slogans were about in the sixties, and if you intended to stylise it in this way that's fine.

Andy of Southern seemed to be saying that he used a business card instead. I've had a stab at this too, using both sides with bullet points of my benefits on the back, and a bit more pizzazz including laminating. ( Although Andy's other point was simple is best). I would have liked to have known if his point was that a business card was better and no more expensive than a leaflet.

Something else I've been working on is what I call a walk sheet door knocking prompt. In other words a script of all my perceived benefits for use on the doorstep. I don't mean like a parrot, I mean going through it briefly with the customer able to read it as well so if they do want a more in depth discussion- about say methods of payment SAE's- periods between cleans- what is meant by no ladders,etc. I hate walking away having missed or forgotten points.

My only moan Jeff is that you start a great thread, then by saying things like 'thanks chaps I'll take all your points on board' you more or less close it down again. This started as an email, but I thought I might as well post it
Clive

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 08:27:41 pm »
Hi Clive
I really wanted the reactions of the guy's who have had the experience of posting flyers, the words I used were not of importance to me, as the guy's will put you right on the words that would sell you best, and we had a few good one's.
I have read a lot of imformation on posting  leaflets and some guy's,  maybe the next day do a follow up call, that is probably the best method, rather than give them a leaflet and as they try to read it, your explaining to them, and what of the ones that are not at home?

I learnet what I needed from the last posts and that is why I basically closed the post, but I'm more than happy to read 100's of posts on leaflet creation and posting.

look at Andy £800 for the posting of 10.000 leaflets with a return of only a few, then there was a Guy me and Andy know of, with 2000 leaflets posted and a return of 4, in my mind, I don't know if it will work in my own Area's, but may just give it a try.

One thing for sure by Taking Andy's advice he has saved me £800, and I will print off a couple of hundred of my own leaflets and post in the area's I already work.

Most best work comes from word of mouth, My boss works in Tesco's and was forever turning down requests from staff to do there windows, so this is another option open to me,
I have also read advertising in your local supermarket notice board is another way to get custom, but How many times do you read them?  or how many people do you see reading them?
What I am really after is the cheapest form of advertising, and the best way I found in the past were the magnetic signs I had on my car, until I had so much work I had to remove them, Maybe time for some new ones.

I promise in future never to close any more topics down ;D

Art

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:45 pm »
Hi Jeff,

Now that you've went WFP and can sell the service on the  safety aspects, why not do some direct mailshots to offices, shops etc.. or mail all the cleaning companies in your area and see if they would be interested in your services.

Arthur

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »
Hi Jeff,

Now that you've went WFP and can sell the service on the  safety aspects, why not do some direct mailshots to offices, shops etc.. or mail all the cleaning companies in your area and see if they would be interested in your services.

Arthur

Good idea Arth
Another idea to the list, I Will have to wait a while as I'm still a little green with the wfp, I'll give that one ago in a couple of months with more experience under my Belt,

Templar

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 09:55:25 pm »
Good point Art, yet another avenue.

I wasn't talking about a leaflet I could explain as I went along. A  national manager of an energy provider (sales ie doorknocking) told me that they have walk sheets. Name of street at top nos to 50 covers most streets, for my uses I have four options,no, not in, follow up, and yes.
They then use mans, morning, afternoon,night, saturday, and sweep each street three times for time of call. Morning is 9 to 11 etc.

Having done some knocking most just say no thankyou, I've already got one etc. But for the few that want to mention it to their husband etc my prompt sheet contains most of the information in a succinct manner. If they want me i give them my card, if they are not in when I call my plan would be an as yet  prototype only leaflet.

The main differences to what has already been posted being, that I have a strap line, and I go long on the local angle.

The most impressive marketing I have seen on here, is that chap with the Jellyfish van wrap. I put that in the genius class, but most of us will just have to get by on effort.

The other thing is it probably helps to have a trustworthy face.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 10:21:51 pm »
Good point Art, yet another avenue.

I wasn't talking about a leaflet I could explain as I went along. A  national manager of an energy provider (sales ie doorknocking) told me that they have walk sheets. Name of street at top nos to 50 covers most streets, for my uses I have four options,no, not in, follow up, and yes.
They then use mans, morning, afternoon,night, saturday, and sweep each street three times for time of call. Morning is 9 to 11 etc.

Having done some knocking most just say no thankyou, I've already got one etc. But for the few that want to mention it to their husband etc my prompt sheet contains most of the information in a succinct manner. If they want me i give them my card, if they are not in when I call my plan would be an as yet  prototype only leaflet.

The main differences to what has already been posted being, that I have a strap line, and I go long on the local angle.

The most impressive marketing I have seen on here, is that chap with the Jellyfish van wrap. I put that in the genius class, but most of us will just have to get by on effort.

The other thing is it probably helps to have a trustworthy face.

Ah I see now what you mean clive, a friend of mine stood out side the gates of schools and handed leaflets to mums and dads,and explained and answered any questions put to him.
he had a good return, but no way would I go down that avenue, might get locked up as a perv.

There are so many ways to look for new potential work, and a few good idea's have already been mentioned here, but sometimes what works for one doesn't mean it works for another, but with so many idea's put to us from the guy's on here there has to be one for everyone.

pylofm

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 11:57:54 pm »
Jeff as you can see from my tag line....I have delivered aprox 12k leaftlets and currently have 77 customers...I plan on delivering that amount again in the coming months....I am at the point that I am not starting to re-leaflet my area's

I have also used supermarket notice boards and these do not seem to have been too fruitfull but I continue to post these as it is free and any new business is good.

Leaflets combined with doorknocking has got to be the way to go, however I am just leafleting at the moment...for various reasons.

Cheers
Dave.