This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

XT_SERVICES

Stainless steel floor?
« on: June 23, 2004, 08:27:59 pm »
Hi everybody,

Iv been using this site for a while but this is the first time i have posted a question!

I have been asked to clean a stainless steel floor in a large sweet shop but wasn't sure of the best method and chemicals to use. The floor isn't completly smooth but looks more like tread plates on machinery! There is a mixture of general dirt and also lots of sweets and chocolate that have been dropped. Hope someone out there has some advice! I have a dry steam machine which I use for removing chewing gum but wasn't sure if it would be suitable for this kind of job! Any help would be much appreciated!

Ben Hill

Fox

Re: Stainless steel floor?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 02:31:48 pm »
Hi Ben

There is a thread somewhere way back on the cleaning of 'checkerplate' stairs is this the type of flooring you mean?

Have you got a rotary machine at all?  If the floor is of the raised pattern type I should imagine in that environment there is alot of debris that is going to be hard work to remove.  Will defo need a decent suitable chemical to loosen all of this up before anything else is done.  Are they going to close the shop for you to carry this out or is it an overnighter?

Fox

XT_SERVICES

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 03:40:58 pm »
Hi Fox,

Thanks for your reply..
The floor is the raised pattern type and we will be cleaning it over night. We have hired a scrubber/dryer machine to do a test area and will try a number of  different chemicals. We want the floor to look impressive after we've cleaned it so we might also try a spray metal polish. Thanks again for your help!

Ben

Fox

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 01:43:07 pm »
Good luck with the floor Ben - let us know how it goes