This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

laminate floor, high shine
« on: June 21, 2004, 04:45:59 pm »
has any body any idea f their is product on the
market ,that can be applied to laminate floors to give
a high shine , high polished look
i have a customer wanting this appearance, but have been told not  possible is this true
thanks for all replys  geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Neil Mc Anulty

Re: laminate floor, high shine
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:48:15 pm »
A 25% extra high solids emulsion floor polish should do the trick. These are produced by most cleaning chemicals manufacturers.Easily applied.A 5 litre drum should cost in the region of 15-20 pounds.

Stu

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 04:17:50 pm »
I'd be cautious about laying emulsion polish on a laminate floor. besides the risk of the polish seeping into the joints and causing the floor to "blow" you have the added problem of how to strip the polish off when it's time to recoat. I've had some success shining laminate floors using a hi-speed rotary machine and a floor maintainer to spray clean the floor. Only using a mist means you've no risk of water damage to the floor. It's also possible to dry strip the gloss off if need be afterwards in a similar fashion

Stu

Fox

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 01:39:26 pm »
I see no problem using a high solids polish on this type of floor, the trick is to do several thin applications ensuring each layer is completely dry before adding the next.  It should not cause any harm to the floor this way and there are some excellent products on the market giving high shine with minimum need for buffing.

I have recently treated a floor this way with a Dysys product called supreme with excellent results.  As long as the floor is maintained properly it could last years before it is in need of stripping.