This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M4RK

Sub-Contracting
« on: June 21, 2004, 01:27:25 am »
What is the law on sub-contracting?

Me and a friend sometimes work together on my work. He has a window cleaning business too.  

To pay him without him being on my books, is it just a case of one window cleaner invoicing another for labour?

I know it doesn't come under the 'construction industry sub-contracting certificate' thingy.... if you know what I mean.

poleman

Re: Sub-Contracting
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 02:24:22 am »
just means that you are contracting out some of your work, get a copy of his insurance and then he just invoices you, as long as the work you give him is not his main work then you are fine.

andy

M4RK

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 07:42:52 pm »
If I try and get some contracts - anyone interesting in doing work on subby basis?

(Proof of insurance required.)  

M4RK

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:39:12 pm »
By the way thanks andy.

jakeandmia

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 06:01:35 pm »
Hi Mark

I now own a wfp system and am looking for work either with wfp or conventional method.I am based in the midlands but will travel.You can contact me on 07932 899533.

CHEERS

WAYNE

Philip Hanson

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 08:51:56 pm »
It was quite a while since Mark H put that on there Wayne.

It might be better to send him an email directly.  He has provided his email address on his profile if you have a look.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Duke

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 08:50:56 pm »
talking of profile's (which we wern't I suppose originally) I've tried to update mine twice now, but get nowhere. I nearly tried to join again under a different name, just so I could do that...but I'm persevering  :-/

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 12:06:59 am »
If you click on someone's username to the left of their post, you'll get through to their profile. To get to your own, scroll up to the very top of the page and find the "profile" button. Click on that and you'll get to your own profile where you should be able to insert or update your details.

If you've already done that and nothing happens, you'll need to contact Mike Boxall in admin. Scroll down to the foot of the page and email him from there, or find one of his posts and click on his username ;)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Duke

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 01:10:41 pm »
OK, though as you suggested, I did try to update my own profile,but got some sort of error message and that suggested getting in touch with 'the Administrator'.
Too much hassle really, I just wanted to post my own picture/gif and add an URL to my Clubs website. (though it's nothing to do with window cleaning...just for interest really)