This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

which van for a 1000 ltr thermo
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:56:48 pm »
i was in two minds wether to go for a merc sprinter our a 350 lwb transit  i know i need over a 3 ton  payload so which one would you guys  recomend ,i want it van mounted plus to carry poles ,equip etc any of you guys got similar systems let me know what  your opinions are plz as this would help
cheers shammy davis jnr

steveaqua

Re: which van for a 1000 ltr thermo
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:00:08 pm »
why 3ton, you only need a 1500kg payload

how bigger van do you need?

i've got 1000 litre and i'm gonna buy a swb tranit 330 as its smaller and easier to drive, just depends on how bigger van you want

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:05:43 pm »
buy the time you add three guys and cones  ladders etc you wont be far off your 3 ton better to be above board i got pulled in to the weight station  at  beatock and was just 16 pounds over in a one eighty transit with 3 off us in the van  4 bigg ladders and  empty sholts container which i used for pressure washing  i got let off that time i aint taking the chance when kitted out with  a 1000 ltr system full to the gunnels (tehe prresure washer was on as well ) i was shocked  to learn that you and your passengers combined weight come into it as well

Johnboyfree

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:10:00 pm »
i was shocked to learn that you and your passengers combined weight come into it as well

So was I,not just the people but the fuel as well,thats another 90kilos min.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 10:33:34 pm »
god bless the ignorant eh  ;D its amazing  how it all adds up
i told them that the apprentice would walk home if there was a problem and if the wasnt he would atleast have lost a few pounds lol

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:13:33 am »
Have you considered an Iveco Daily? I've got a short wheelbase fridge version  so no problems parking. Top speed aint brilliant but gets up the very steepest of hills with all the weight no problem! Insurance is cheaper than i.e. Fiat scudo too! Mine has a basic payload of 1200kg but can easily be uprated by changing the leaf springs.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 07:38:16 am »
I haven't done this and always work within the weight limits, but wouldn't it be good to fit a special plug in your tank with a hose through the floor so that when you're pulled over and the law want you to follow them to a weighing station you hit the button and all your water drains out as you drive there! ;D

Of course you also have a big line on your tank about half way up with a sticker saying "do not fill beyond this line under any circumstances."

Mind you the backlash might be as follows:-

Copper 1 "That van's wheel arches were touching the tyres when I pulled him over."
Copper 2 "****** - clever git eh? I'll forget all my ethical training and any vestige of morality I once had and get him for that dodgy headlamp I'm gonna smash."
It's a game of three halves!

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:12:30 am »
cool james bond goes wfp lol pmpl  ;D

rugby

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:10:58 pm »
also consider 350 mwb movano ( renualt master,same thing ),had mine a few months and love it,1000lts no problem,and all the room in the back you will ever need.much prefer mwb, lwb transit can be a bit of a pain if doing residential.

abacus

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 07:05:43 pm »
Hi all
beware dont get mixed up 3.5 tonnes is the gross weight not the payload the payload is only 1.5 tonne on a 3.5tonn van it is a metric tonne so 1000lt system takes 1tonne for the water on its own.

ldv maxus 12.5k new safest in its class and van of the year

shame they spent so much deleoping it they ran out of money and had to sell to the ruskys  still it starts better than my convoy in the cold and wet.

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 10:02:31 pm »
i have a merc spriter swb. 1000 litere no probs.

steveaqua

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 08:35:18 am »
when i went to ionics they advised me that 1500kg payload would be sufficient for the 1000 litre tank, 3 men and all relevant cleaning equipment, so now this is wrong?

i would love to know for certain what payload to have and average weights of everything.

its a bit naughty though to be advised this, say i handed over 20k for a van and a system and we were overloading it i wouldn't be happy one bit! >:(