This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: STUCK ON FLAT ROOF
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 05:03:04 pm »
Hey Simon , what would you have done if you phoned your customer and she said she was in Spain for a fortnight , would you still be up there now , you bloody big girl  ;D

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

simon knight

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 05:08:49 pm »

Nah I'd have smashed the bleeding window, checked how much grog she had in stock, then invited all me mates round for a party.

P®oPole™

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 05:09:39 pm »
 ;D

matt

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 06:04:21 pm »
ive had it happen to me

i was working for the council (as a carpenter) and we had a call out on a council run OAP home about a roof leak

well we arrived and it was 2nd floor, so gets the BIG ladder off the van, hoist them up, i run up to check it out, its on a flat roof and the lead work has cracked, so i shout down to get some " roof sealant paint " (its a fibre based waterproof paint, drys like fibreglass EVEN under water, incase your interestd ;)) we havent got any on the van, my mate says "stay there i will pop up the yard and pick some up"

he goes, phone me on the mobile says "we have had another call" a smashed window on some old dears house, so i will go and do it

i say "go on then, but be quick"

crash, ladders blow over and im stuck up on this roof

i phone my mate, he will be with me ASAP

1 & 1.2 hours go by and he arrives

i was freezing cold by that time

geefree

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 06:20:04 pm »
12ft...  ::)... sit down and jump !

would not have waited 40 mins  :o

simon knight

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 06:37:34 pm »

It was a bloody long way down from where i was standing....understand please...I'm  a woosey and get scared easily....probably why I'm alive today!

Fear is good...keeps me alive :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 07:13:08 pm »
I would have done a backwards triple-pike off that. ;D

If only I could find my leotard...

geefree

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 07:14:25 pm »
true,... i suppose you could have landed funny... twisted a knee or something ... then off work...

so , i suppose better to be safe than sorry simon. ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 07:45:02 pm »
Happened to me TWICE!!

First time the customer was in.  She wanted a FREE clean to put the laddrrs back........................WHAT!!!!!!!.....................I jumped!!!!!
I was only about 30ish at the time.

Second time.................The whole bloody street had a laugh at me.............Mind you did get a new job!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

dai

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 10:11:31 pm »
I told a customer yesterday that the flat roof felt a bit spongy, and was she sure it was ok to walk on. She said "oh better leave that one next time". That's one more job I don't have to get the ladders off for. Dai

EasyClean

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
If you'd fitted stabilisers to the ladder you wouldn't have had the problem of your ladders being blown over. Work smarter, not harder you southern shandy sipping girls blouse. Personally I would have lowered myself off the edge and dropped to the ground. I'm from the south too and you won't catch me sipping shandy!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

david68

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 01:36:15 am »
Same thing happen to me , Lean ladders up the second storey window and was chatting to customer.Then i notice the ladders falling from a gust of wind and just catch them in time before they landed on her 4x4 BMW.

Think i will start bringing my drill to fix them to the ground.

How would i stop this happening if there is no gutter to fix to???

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

EasyClean

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:30 pm »
Same thing happen to me , Lean ladders up the second storey window and was chatting to customer.Then i notice the ladders falling from a gust of wind and just catch them in time before they landed on her 4x4 BMW.

Think i will start bringing my drill to fix them to the ground.

How would i stop this happening if there is no gutter to fix to???

Dave

Fit some stabiler bars to your ladder before you go up it. The only way your ladder will blow over then is if you're working in severe gale force winds!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 08:07:48 pm »
That reminds me of the first time i ever had my ladder go over , they landed right on the bonnet of a 3 SERIES bmw !

Funny thing was there was not a mark on the thing !

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 05:40:38 pm »
That reminds me of the first time i ever had my ladder go over , they landed right on the bonnet of a 3 SERIES bmw !

Funny thing was there was not a mark on the thing !

Rich P @ F

.......and the car looked OK too  ;D