Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulchambers

ultimate master
« on: June 12, 2004, 01:32:33 am »
Hello

Ultimate master from alltec am i correct in thinking that shouldnt go above 55 degrees .  If thats the case what would you suggest using fr higher yemp as  as i've heard 10 degrees doubles the cleaning power so hotter must be better

Martin_Riley

Re: ultimate master
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:13:17 am »
Paul. Hi again. I use Ultimate Master very successfully at much higher temps (80-100 deg) with no problems. The use of these higher temps only makes the self neutralising properties go. So you may need to check the PH of the carpet after cleaning and apply an acid rinse if too alkaline. Before working at these temps make sure the carpet can take it. Martin :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 02:22:01 am »
Thanks martin

A question though how do you check if a carpet can take those temp does it scream   lol

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 06:28:07 pm »
Martin,

I have not used Ultimate Master for some years, but is it not true that it is an enzemic product, and the the enzyme, and therefore part of its' cleaning effeciency, is destroyed at those high temperatures?

John.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 08:26:26 pm »
Martin & John,
I too have used Ultimate master for years, in both portable at lower temps and TM at high temps - great results with both. The way it was explained to me at Alltec was that at temps above that recommended on the label, the enzyme was destroyed not the self neutralising property? Also the benefits of the higher heat make up for the loss of enzyme.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 09:53:25 pm »
HI Martin
I used ultimate master today with high heat just the way you showed me 80-90c on a very dirty carpet and had great results with no problems and the customer was very pleased £20 pound tip  ;D ;D Thanks martin  

Neil
IICRC

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 09:07:48 am »
I also use Ultimate Master

If I was working at above 55 degrees I would use a different product.

SteveTruman

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 08:43:01 pm »
Neil £20 tip, jeeze i'm lucky to get a fiver now and again  :'(  :'(

Dynafoam

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 09:40:42 pm »
Ian,

I think your approach makes the most sense.

I accept the comments made to Dave by Altec - heat will improve the effeciency of any solvent but why not use a product designed for high heat?

John.

paulchambers

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 01:11:23 am »
well that makes a lot of sense.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 07:19:54 pm »
Whats the point of using U.M. if you are not going to use it as its ment to be used. ???

You may find the self neutralising dosnt work either at high temps.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

neil 47

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 11:08:34 pm »
We all do what we think works best for us,and if that means using u.m at high heat then thats what we do.

+ Ive got 10 kg of the stuff to use yet lol

Neil
IICRC

Martin_Riley

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 01:21:18 am »
I stand to be shot down in flames on this one but I have always been led to believe that it is the self neutralising properties that are destroyed by high heat and not the cleaning power. Therefore it can be used perfectlly safely at high heat as long as you are sure that the carpet can safely be cleaned at these temps. Paul, if you need to know which carpets these are then the best bit of advise I can give is go on a training course if you haven't already. Most carpets can be safely cleaned at 80 deg cent.Next time I contact alltec I will get the latest info on this one and let you all know. :)
Martin

Martin_Riley

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 01:23:01 am »
Hi Neil
£20! I think I showed you too many of my strategies ;D
lol
Martin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 06:53:30 am »
Im not back with Amazement a Fast Track star performer giving away a stratergy.

However what I wanted to know on Carpet Cleaning Millionaire was what personal qualities  Martin has that helped him make a success of Fastrack.

Regards

Ian

Martin_Riley

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:57 am »
Hi Ian
I could tell everyone lots of things to do but unless you really want it bad then you will go along just the same as you always have. I think the biggest thing Fastrack does for you is teach you how to run a business without making all the normal costly mistakes, the marketing help is second to that in my humble opinion. Hope this kind of helps as it seems to have worked for me this last year. :)
Martin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 12:34:54 pm »
Thanks Martin,

That is the answer I have been trying to get at.

If you want to Succeed you have GOT TO WANT IT BAD.

Congrats on  your Success

Ian

I would also add You have got to feel the Fear and do it anyway./

Martin_Riley

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 01:13:38 am »
Hi Ian
There have been a few times that I have felt the fear like buying a truckmount and asking the wife what she's been doing all day when I come in from work(she looks after our 8 Mth old baby) The latter wasn't a great move ;D
Martin