Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Water  Recovery
« on: June 10, 2004, 10:27:33 am »
I have recently replaced one of the motors on my machine which has two three stage motors.

When you hold the suction tube to your hand you feel more suck with motor one on its own than with motor two.

Would this be correct?

My water recovery rate appears to be about two thirds

is this correct?

I am Pre Spraying Ultimate Master with the wand leaving to dwell aggitate etc so it is therefore in the carpet quite a while before I start sucking out all the dirt grime etc achieving a black recovery water./

Basically what kind of performance standard regarding water pick up should I be aiming to achieve with two three stage motors.

As a side issue I was looking in The Woodbrige Cat yesterday and the are qouting 140 inch water lift for two 3 stage motors.

Ashbys and Prochem are claiming 240 inch water lift.

I  also realise type of carpet will make a difference to result.

So I just need an aprox answers

I am working with 50 foot hose.

Regards

Ian

Robert_O

Re: Water  Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:06:31 pm »
Hi Ian

I am not the best qualified person on the technical side of vac motors, but I believe that the diametre of the 3 stage vac motor also needs to be considered. There are the 7 inch and 5 inch diametre 3 stage vacuums which will achieve different powered water lift, as will the set up i.e. series or parallel.

I believe that a single 7 inch diametre 3 stage vac motor will achieve about 140 water lift.

What I would also suggest is that you may find it beneficial to half the length of you 50ft hose to 25ft. The longer the hose, the more restriction is placed on the airflow which will inhibit solution retrieval. I have also found that working with 50 ft of hose is quite cumbersome, and the more twists, turns and loops you have will create more restriction than having a straight hose.

You can always buy a couple of connectors and attach the second hose to make 50ft should you require the additional length at any time.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Robert Olifent

Mark Betts

Re: Water  Recovery
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 02:34:36 pm »
Ian

The maximum I work with is 50ft.

As Robert says, go down to 25 ft and you will feel a heck of a difference.

On mine with 25 ft the air literaly roars throung the wand.

Makes a difference on solution pressure as well.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!