Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colour Bleed_Help
« on: June 09, 2004, 10:41:54 pm »
Hi all

i got called back today to re-inspect a carpet i cleaned about 1 month ago, the customer told me that after drying, the carpet had developed some lighter patches.

on re-inspection the carpet did indeed have 6 or 7 diner plate sized lighter patches.

carpet = kossett tufted, cherry red colour 6 or 7 years old.

i had cleaned the lounge, hall, stairs and landing and only the lounge had the problem. i had not used any solvents or spotters as the carpet was soiled and not stained.

i sprayed a small amount of "one step" spotter on one mark, a weak solution of "fabric rinse" on another and water on a third, after agitating the area's i proceeded to blot the area's with a terry towel and noticed a red colour transfer on the towels!!! even with just cold water.

on trying the same tests on other area's of the carpet there was no transfer of colour.

the customer said she had never used any carpet cleaning products on the carpet!! :-/

any ideas? i have never had this happen in 14 years, very odd. ???

Mark Betts

Re: Colour Bleed_Help
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 11:49:46 pm »
Hi

I would think your customer has used some form of stain remover on her carpet hence the patches.

Probably 1001 or something.

Although she says she hasnt used anything, they all say that.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 12:23:37 am »
Hi,
I would guess the marks were there in the first place, hidden under the soiling, which you cleaned off, but was not noticeable until dry. If she had indeed not used anything on the carpet it may just be what ever had caused the marks in the first place (Pet?) that has caused the colour instability. I would explain that the cleaning solution on its own would not cause the problem and that other factors already present had been to blame.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 11:30:08 am »
Thanks for your replies guys, you have both pretty much confirmed what I already thought, but its good to kick these things around a bit.

Glad I found the forum  :)

Kind Regards............

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 11:18:04 pm »
Mr Bubble

I think you will find that all customers will phone you strait away or in few days if a problem.  Customer on a windup but I’m shore you have been down this road in 14 years of cc with the name you use Bubble.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)