Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex

Texatherm
« on: June 08, 2004, 02:13:32 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these machine and what the feedback is - I had a demo a couple of months ago, however, the guy crashed and burnt so I decided not to buy, but I may re-think.

Any feedback I'd be grateful

Cheers
Alex

P.S

England for the euro cup ;D

econet

Re: Texatherm
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 11:01:24 pm »
:) ;) :D :P

Hi Alex,

I've been using the Texatherm system for three years now (T.C.C. being almost on my doorstep!)

The results are very good as long as you apply a sensible policy in that no one system will clean everything!

BUT it will allow you to clean commercial carpet tiles, problematic carpets (Belgian Wiltons etc) and a wide range of carpets. the obvious avoiders are berber cord and corded carpet where an exathermic reaction is difficult to achieve.

I believe at the time Mark had a Demonstrator who was not "as knowledgable" oe effective on the system, consequently some demos were unsuccesful. I would contact them afgain and ask for John to re-demo the system, I think you will notice the difference.

Cheers Gary

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 12:29:53 am »
Alex,
I went along to a Texatherm demo etc in Manchester today. It was very well explained and everything sounded logical. I was also very impressed with the quality and speed of cleaning and drying - I am seriously thinking of adding the system.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Alex

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 01:57:05 am »
cheers guys, I can't believe I live in Manchester and didn't make it today - oh well!

I'll sort out another demo

Cheers
Alex

adl

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 11:46:20 am »
We use the texatherm T170 for our maintainance cleans of offices only, we use that in conjunction with either solution no 2 for general cleaning or chemspecs Roto-Brite when better results are needed. All in all we think it is a very good system.
Dave if you want to borrow one of our machines at any time give me a call ( be friendley to your neighbours and all that) we have a few of these machines now.
regards Dave

Mark Betts

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 03:05:22 pm »
Dave

You said that "you us it inconjunction with Solution No 2 or Chemspec Roto Brite when better results are needed"

Are you saying that Using Solution No2 is better than the Tex? Or you bring the texatherm out when solutions No2 etc isnt up to the job.?

Thanks

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

adl

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 05:17:29 pm »
Sorry i should have made it a bit more clear,
We use the Texatherm machines and not the chemicals, some of the sites that we have done over the last couple of months are 21000 sq mts +, however we are governed on these jobs by a time scale factor, in that we have only 2 days to complete the task, that is equating to 500sq mts an hour. Due to the clients pricing structure and contractual agreements we go over the carpet once, any stains get a second pass and thats it, if the stain doesnt come out then it stays. This is a cheap appearance clean, this is where the solution no2 comes into play, because we are not allowing much dwell time, and the pricing of the job, then no2 has worked out the best solution, if the job is a more thorough clean and we have the time to do more of a proffesional job where results count then we use the Chemspecs Roto-Brite as this gives a more thourogh clean than no2, that is my opinion only of course and i am sure that many of you will have a different thought on the subject, which i am sure you will all share with us, however we have cleaned close to 300,000 sqmts of carpet using this system this year alone and for cost effectivness V quality over price this works for us.

regards Dave

econet

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 08:17:34 pm »
I would be very careful about using a system clean with "other" chemicals. A cheap price clean maybe, what about residue? The whole idea of the Texatherm system is to lift the soil from the carpet by exathermic reaction and the neutralising solution reduces the ph to a correct level leaving you to frequency clean without later problems. What when you come to re-clean.

I wouldn't be happy knowing people were re-inventing the wheel or using my system this way. What about if you get a problem with your equipment, if under warranty you have no chance of having it repaired. I would think again, price or no price.

Gary.

mark_roberts

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 09:15:07 pm »
Iused the Tex today to clean a very dirty Belgium Wilton.  Cleaned up beautifully.

I would say Texatherm is quicker over HWE on commercial but slower on residential.

If your using solutions then all your doing is bonnett cleaning and not the tex system.  Or do you put the pads into the tank?

Anyone use different pads ie. charlie or op pads?

thanks
Mark

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 09:17:28 pm »
Hi Gary

Solution Micro splitting products dry neutral on  the chemical is applied as a pre spry so can have no effect on any machine or system. It also leaves no residue keeping the cleaned surface cleaner for longer,

Best regards Nick

adl

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 11:21:25 pm »
Gary,
Nick is correct in what he says we only prespray the carpets we binned the tanks off the T170s to much hassel, this way we have an operator prespraying and two operators buffing, this way the person prespraying always controls the job whilst the machine operators follow all his directions.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 09:11:46 pm »
Alex,
You asked the original question - Anyone used a Texatherm machine? However I guess that you really meant " Texatherm System". Obviously using just the Tex rotary machine with a pre spray solution IS bonnet buffing and not the Tex system, which I was impressed with during their recent Manchester demo. Not a dig at you Dave and thanks for the offer, just making a point.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

adl

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 12:55:57 am »
no offense intended, i have not been on a texatherm demo, we triald there machines along with 6 other types and we choose them for a couple of simple reasons, they are a good low but weihty size, perfect for getting far under office desks, and thier robust but easy to maintain build design.
Dave Lee we have a domestic lounge carpet to clean at 9 in the morning but we are all away on large job, if you want it its yours, or if you dont want it and glynn does i dont mind who does it. let me know
regards Dave

Alex

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 08:40:55 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback on this, I think I'm gonna go for the demo and start using the systme for my commercial customers

Alex