This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rainbowindows

Silicon on windows
« on: November 16, 2006, 02:55:25 pm »
I just had a nightmare of a house to do,was so stressed out,all the windows were covered in silicon and the remains of where the plasterer had been,i spent so much time on them,i took most of the silicon of with white spirits and window scraped every window but i still could not get everything of them no matter how hard i tried really frustrating.
I believe that some of the staining on the windows was hard water which in itself is hard work,the customer seemed happy enough afterwards biut i was left feeling really really discontent with the finish.
I explained to the customer that it would take maybe three washes over time to rid all the silicon and dirt which seemed happy enough with.
What do you do with this type of problem and how much time do you spend on them??? :-\

Mike_G

Re: Silicon on windows
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 07:19:07 pm »
Not sure if this will help but I did a job today that I have done for years and the customer asked about a mark on the outside which was some kind of silicon (to be honest i am not sure what it was but it has been on there since she had new windows fitted) I said I would get my scraper on it and try to get it of and although it did seem to move a bit the mark was still there. I told her it would not budge when my brother came along with his microfibre and hey presto gone, I felt like a right prat. He used the rougher side of the cloth a rubbed like mad on the window, he reckons that the friction built up while rubbing very hard burnt the stuff off.  So give that a go, it might just work. Good luck