Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanability

advice please on leaflets
« on: June 05, 2004, 01:19:55 am »
Never really given leaflets a real go. Any advice welcome. Do they work?
Must you repeatedly deliver to the same area periodically? Do full colour work better than 1 coloured? I remember seeing a leaflet at a Alltec Joe Polish seminar. It was huge , A3 I think. Or are the usual A5 size ok? Also was advised pink paper got a better response than any other coloured paper. What about content? Was thinking of putting me and my van on them.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

ps      with ref to Thomsons..................never really worked for me either. Barely pays for itself.

cheryl new

Re: advice please on leaflets
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 05:10:39 pm »
Hi Chris,

I'm not a CC yet so can only speak from experience of being on the receiving end of leaflets.

I personally find that A5 size, white background with coloured print is better (not black).  A5 will fit on the fridge or sideboard or kitchen drawer along with takeaway menus.  Anything bigger will get binned anything smaller will get lost.

Again personally, content and ease of pricing up are a big benefit.  The last cc I contracted in stated a fixed price on his leaflet for a 2 bedroom house including stairs and hallway/landing.  Then it had the odds and ends such as oven cleaning, curtains etc.  I binned the last leaflet I received which stated prices for lounges 12 x 12, separate prices for stairs etc.  I'm not going to worry about measuring my lounge or that the price may change once the cc's got here.  Def add details of stain removal so that it's known it is not part of the general cleaning.

Some of the leaflets I receive look absolutely naff.  Stick to simple, professional, with as many contact numbers as you can plus the company name/logo and you'll catch the eye and memory of most women.  Also you'll be able to use the same print each time without having to change title's such as Spring Cleaning Special Offers.

Like I say, I'm only speaking from personal experience and many others may say I'm talking out of my backside :P.  Unless told differently, this will be my approach when I eventually start up and feel the need to leaflet. :D

Cheers
Cheryl