Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david_green

beer on silk lampshade
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:40:28 pm »
Any suggestions on how to remove a beer stain from a silk lampshade.  Thanks.  ???

Len Gribble

Re: beer on silk lampshade
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 10:11:28 pm »
Dave

How much is this lamp shad worth? I take it that this is a call out charge and you have a min charge that’s why I ask.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ed Valentine

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 10:25:12 pm »
David;

I remember a similar situation way back in 1973. We had a Restaurant that had about 40 silk lampshades. After their request for us to clean them, I asked if we could take one for testing. On the advice of a knowledgable drapery cleaner, I dipped them up and down in soapy water; then in clean clear water; then let dry.

Next day, they were 10 times brighter and cleaner! Absolutely no water stains, period.

Boy, that was one of the easiest but most profitable jobs we had ever done! We never told anyone our "secret"!

The very best;
Good Fortune to small businesses;
Ed valentine
cross-american corp.

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 10:44:06 pm »
Ed,

Your secret is safe with us  ;)

David,

On a cautionary note many lampshades are held together with glue, and/or have glued-on attatchments, which can easily become detatchments, so inspect carefully unless you wish to re-manufacture.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 02:01:30 am »
All lampshades have some form frame that also comes into the equation when cleaning.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)